I don't understand gifs, seriously.

That helps.

What about that one of that little marshmellow monster jumping up and donw? Funny but confusing af.

What about Gina looking all hot and drunk?

Marshmallow jumping up and down? Do you mean this one?

{<tongue}

It means you find a chick hot and you want to eat her pussy or her ass.

Well, I don't know about your social awkwardness and not understanding the meaning of GIF's.

But what I want to know is when did the GIPHY site start trying to monopolizing gif files and ruining sharing them for forums....

Seriously, like most of the gifs I'll search for directs me to their shitty site and it's sometimes it's possible to hotlink them... fuck those assholes.
It's a bit tricky to figure out, but once you do, it works very well. I capture and host all my gifs with Giphy. You have to go to the source page and then copy the image location in order to embed the image here.

post-29949-Clay-Davis-SHIT-gif-Imgur-eTgm.gif

This the new gif thread?

What I want to know is, is it pronounced "gif" or "gif?"

Perfect example.. What does the Matt Hughes one mean?

Asking honestly? That's probably why I like using them - because they make sense to me, say something specific, but (because they are images) can be interpreted a little more loosely than most written remarks. Lots of comic potential.

So if I had to translate my earlier post it'd be something like "What? Really? Come on you dumb ass..." All in good fun, of course.

I don't understand the meaning of like 95% of gifs

For example, @koolinkunming just dropped one on me over in the Divorce Stats thread

Is it just me or does anyone else struggle with this? Any help would be great.

Sorry if @Clippy has already made this thread.

Serious question....

In your everyday life do you feel like you have trouble reading peoples facial expressions or body language?
Or sometimes having trouble detecting sarcasm or irony in conversations with others?

Serious question....

In your everyday life do you feel like you have trouble reading peoples facial expressions or body language?
Or sometimes having trouble detecting sarcasm or irony in conversations with others?

Nope- am fine in real life. I think it has something to do with understanding if the gif is directed at me, my post, or the person who posted it. You know?

Asking honestly? That's probably why I like using them - because they make sense to me, say something specific, but (because they are images) can be interpreted a little more loosely than most written remarks. Lots of comic potential.

So if I had to translate my earlier post it'd be something like "What? Really? Come on you dumb ass..." All in good fun, of course.

The "dumb ass" part of that explanation makes sense.

Back