I don't understand fighters who go around hating on their upcoming opponents

dragonsfly

----------------------------
Banned
Reaction score
I'm like relax he/she is not going to kill you and there is a referee plus this is only a competition even tho if it's fighting. take a deep breathe and focus on your training and skills. To many fighters are overtaken by fear that is not there because it's all illusion. Unless it got personal and you fear humiliation but avoid going there in the first place

Last edited:
lol. I don't think evolution has weeded out the whole "kill this guy trying to hurt me" thing quite yet. You may want to give it a few years...

Also, you are taking blunt force trauma to the head. You can die.

I feel the exact opposite, I don't understand how you can be friendly with someone when you know their intention is to either separate you from consciousness, or force your joints in the opposite direction so far that you beg them for mercy, or strangle you till you submit to their will.

But if you're fighting GSP, I could understand being friendly with him, as you two are about to become well acquainted with him likely taking you down on the mat, getting between your legs, and laying on top of you for 25 minutes with a few 1 min breathers every once in a while.

actully GSP was one of the few who saw this sport in it's true form. He was a realist to the core

It's prize fighting. The more animosity there is, the more interest there is.

g139175139036094011.jpg

It is still violence, they are professionals (most) and it is still a sport, but animosity is part of the game, and its also selling a fight, its as old as any combat sport itself.

I thought you were going to make the point that talking down your opponents skills is silly because if you beat them it doesn't mean as much.

Also,

490309.jpg

Damn straight OP, and what's with therapists who go around trying to fix everybody's problems.

"We respect each other and may the best man win" doesn't sell fights bro

I don't think evolution has weeded out the whole "kill this guy trying to hurt me" thing quite yet.

This. I think high level fighters are kind of crazy (for lack of a better term). I mean, you're walking into a cage to beat up or get beat up by other high level fighters. For fun. Never mind all the training and other demands of the job. I have a feeling that the same mind state that most great fighters have is the same mind state that leads them to viewing their opponents in ways that most of us would not.

I feel the exact opposite, I don't understand how you can be friendly with someone when you know their intention is to either separate you from consciousness, or force your joints in the opposite direction so far that you beg them for mercy, or strangle you till you submit to their will.

But if you're fighting GSP, I could understand being friendly with him, as you two are about to become well acquainted with him likely taking you down on the mat, getting between your legs, and laying on top of you for 25 minutes with a few 1 min breathers every once in a while.

I knew 2 Irish brothers who were constantly wailing on each other back in the day. They also partied together, laughed together, even shared girls together. True story. For the record, never break up a fight between 2 Irish brothers...They both start beating your ass up.

actully GSP was one of the few who saw this sport in it's true form. He was a realist to the core

He embraced the physical,mental,and spiritual angle of martial arts. GSP always seemed a little baffled at the trash talking clowns like Koscheck ect....He also seems like a genuinely nice person.

I heard he got picked on in his youth. Found martial arts, gave him confidence, saved his life, blah,blah,blah..Good for GSP, I miss that Canadian goober.

I'm like relax he/she is not going to kill you and there is a referee plus this is only a competition even tho if it's fighting. take a deep breathe and focus on your training and skills. To many fighters are overtaken by fear that is not there because it's all illusion. Unless it got personal and you fear humiliation but avoid going there in the first place
For most people it takes some animosity to be able to for others it's not as hard especially after the first few times. I know Randleman had trouble fighting without getting worked up.

Damn straight OP, and what's with therapists who go around trying to fix everybody's problems.

When the "shit hits the fan", I see a priest. Say some Hail Mary's. Stay habitually drunk and what not.

Therapists are for those who are too chicken shit to embrace their crazy.

Back