I don't think Tyson losing to Buster is the biggest upset

But Tyson would have won with an actual 10 count... And 1988 Tyson beats him 100/10 times... Yeah 42-1 Biggest Upset in Sports History.

Well I do agree with you in combat sports

But in English football (soccer to my friends across the pond) a little team called leicester City won the premier league at 5000-1

Well I do agree with you in combat sports

But in English football (soccer to my friends across the pond) a little team called leicester City won the premier league at 5000-1
Didn't think of that one. As a spurs fan that should have been first one to come to mind. That was 38 game season thou. In a one off Head to head vs say city away you'd have got 8's at best at start of season..

Back in 1982, Chaminade a tiny NAIA school in Hawaii beat NCAA #1 ranked Virginia in a basketball game. Virginia was led by 7’4” Ralph Sampson and I’m pretty sure they were undefeated.
Rulon Gardner beating Aleksander Karelin for the gold medal at the 2000 Olympics when Karelin was 887-1 is the only other upset I can think of that might be bigger.
In boxing, I don’t think anything is close to Buster over Tyson.
The Miracle on Ice.

it was a concern, i think jacobs admitted it was premature and said he would have had to take the blame if Mike had lost. Mike was going in the right direction at that time though and all prospects that I admired had close fights on their way up, they say Ali had lost the doug jones fight, some people still bring that up amongst other decisions that people think ali got a gift from the judges. Great thing about tyson is, he was never in a bad fight, never was boring and most of the time, when he was supposed to win, he won big.

He was on his way out and was never a great fighter to begin with.

He was on his way out and was never a great fighter to begin with.
when he fought tillis? he was improving rapidly during those years, so much that tillis said later, when he was just a sparring partner, "he's getting stronger everyday".

when he fought tillis? he was improving rapidly during those years, so much that tillis said later, when he was just a sparring partner, "he's getting stronger everyday".

I meant Tillis. It was an appropriate match for Tyson

Leicester city winning the premiership was 5000/1 that’s the biggest upset . But in boxing there was no bigger upset in my opinion

It’s not, Leicester winning the EPL and Greece winning the Euros as already mentioned.

Goran Ivanesevic was 150-1 in the lead up to Wimbledon the year he won it as a wild card.

Having to win multiple games/matches against different opponents will always be less likely than one guy having an off night or getting caught.

Definitely the biggest upset in boxing.

Purely from an odds perspective the greeks winning the 04 euro soccer championship were at 80/1. But from a one off event 'head to head', 42/1 is nuts for a title fight. I just googled Martinez vs loma for example as that was biggest recent mismatch title fight i can remember and martinez was 18's.

Holms was a 24/1 underdog against Rousey. Jason Litzau was a 16/1 underdog against celestino Caballero. There's been big upsets. But Tyson/Douglas is in a tier on it's own. That was NOT supposed to happen.

Close enough to the biggest upset in boxing history. But all sports? Who knows?

Claiming Bradley-Pacquiao was a bigger upset than Douglas-Tyson makes you a very special boy. Very special.

Wow you’re still at it ?

It’s a fkn inside joke in this forum, you idiot.
Bradley - Paquiao is where Seano made his bones in this forum.

Back