I don't think there is enough appreciation for Cain Velasquez

Baddest motherfucker on the planet!!! What more you want??

There are no arguments..

Last edited:
he's the HW champion, the worst division in MMA.

he has plenty appreciation from me. I'm a big Velasquez fan.

Cain Valasquez is a goddamn man. 2nd favorite in MMA and the baddest man on the planet.

Cain Velasquez is a goddamn man.

His resume isn't that great and he has been fighting the same two guys for the last two yeas.

I think he will get a top 3 p4p spot if he beats JDS and goes on a big win streak. His GOAT status will not be denied

One thing about Cain that I don't think gets talked about enough is his improved stand up, especially his hands man. The guy knows how to pick his punches, he can throw combinations, he's got good timing and accuracy, speed and good head movement. He's a great wrestler, but it is his improved hands that have impressed me time and time again.

One thing about Cain that I don't think gets talked about enough is his improved stand up, especially his hands man. The guy knows how to pick his punches, he can throw combinations, he's got some nice timing, and good head movement. He's a great wrestler, but it is his improved hands that have impressed me time and time again.

Yeah huge improvement from the Kongo fight.

I think he gets a lot of credit,Cain is a beast and a classy guy.

Cain's a great fighter. He'd turn more heads if he was more well rounded and added a submission threat imo.

Just a theory. Cain at least tried with that armbar attempt against JDS in the second(third?) round of the rematch but yikes, that was not encouraging.

Third match is happening so soon, not really hyped for it. Wish there wasn't any teammate oath preventing the most exciting HW title fight, Cormier/Cain.

He never really went for the armbar lol In fact, he went for JDS arm instinctively because he trains that in sparring all day. He seen the opening and instinctively set it up but CHOSE to not go for it because he was having fun pounding another guys face in.

He doesn't need to "threaten" with submissions become he simply doesn't need it. Who are we to say he doesn't have some good submissions just because he's never used them before? He's strong as shit, not much would stop him from bending someone's arm back and snapping it.

he's the HW champion, the worst division in MMA.

Yet he would beat the crap out of anyone below him. Sorry but I tend to favor the HW champ over anyone :p because in reality, if he was actually in a cage with any other fighter in the UFC below HW the the chances are he would pick them up over his head with his power slamming and toss them against the fence and beat the shit out of him unless something freakish happens to him, hence, the title "baddest man on he planet", not "p4p" the best. Even Jon Jones is nowhere near the "baddest man on the planet", he's only "p4p".

One thing about Cain that I don't think gets talked about enough is his improved stand up, especially his hands man. The guy knows how to pick his punches, he can throw combinations, he's got good timing and accuracy, speed and good head movement. He's a great wrestler, but it is his improved hands that have impressed me time and time again.

Would you consider him in his prime right now? I don't simply because his health is so good at his age it's like he has the body of someone in their early 20s. I swear he gets better every fight.

Back