I Dont Think Marlon Moraes will come to UFC

Project 86

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
marlon-moraes.jpg

WSOF 32 Payout - Marlon Moraes ($90,000 + $90,000 = $180,000)
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/3...n-moraes-cashes-180000-for-bantamweight-title

do you think ufc will offer him that type of bank???

Yeah, UFC will never pay him that much. Way too small weightclass and he would be a random top10 fighter in the UFC.

WSOF can keep paying him half the entire card's salary, but it's not good for their business. They were having problems with other fighters over fighter pay and low balling fighters in the past. I don't see them as being a viable long term plan compared to a company just bought for $4 Billion.

He's not getting marketed on a high level or notoriety that could lead to other things at WSOF. There are a lot more things to think about other than the show/win money. I could see UFC offering something competitive to anything WSOF comes up with.

I guarantee Mark Henry, Frankie. Eddie and those guys are talking Marlon up to the UFC brass as being up to the task (as much as they'll listen) too.

1415260959moroz.jpg

She's already in the UFC. And you spelt her name wrong dummy.;)

You never know. It could be worth an initial paycut in exchange for a higher earning potential.

I hope they give him a good contract. We need him in the UFC, he's a top 5 FW and very exciting.

Moraes vs Dillashaw would be perfect right now.

UFC needs Marlon Moraes to bring excitement to their 135 lb division. No one wants to watch Cruz vs. Faber vs. TJ over and over.

After Lineker and tattoo guy Cody, who is there for Cruz?

Marlon can be the next pretty boy to be Brazil's next superstar.

He knows he won't ever sniff that money in WSOF again cause he got that deal when his manager was running the promotion. It was highway robbery considering what they pay other fighters. They sell no tickets. They get no money from NBC. They have no real revenue streams. They exist only as a vanity project. So where exactly is that money coming from? 180k to a fighter when your gate is probably nothing. No wonder this promotion is all but dead.

WSOF's ratings are absolute dog crap and Moraes doesn't bring one eyeball to TV. So what is the point? You don't have the platform or other fighters to turn him into a draw.

So he will be in UFC cause his manager was only able to con a bunch of saps once.

Jeremy Botter says he will come to UFC.
Maybe WSOF can't pay his salary anymore.

You never know. It could be worth an initial paycut in exchange for a higher earning potential.

The paycut would be much bigger than just going from 90 +90 to like 50 + 50 or something like that and having to fight better opponents despite of that but he would get virtually nothing from Reebok and I can't imagine that he makes much less than 20k in sponsor money which is almost as much as UFC champs get.

Schaub claims he made 100k sponsor money per fight at the end

I hope they give him a good contract. We need him in the UFC, he's a top 5 BW and very exciting.

Moraes vs Dillashaw would be perfect right now.
Fixed that for you ;)

UFC needs Marlon Moraes to bring excitement to their 135 lb division. No one wants to watch Cruz vs. Faber vs. TJ over and over.

After Lineker and tattoo guy Cody, who is there for Cruz?

Marlon can be the next pretty boy to be Brazil's next superstar.
You're forgetting Caraway & still possibly Assuncao. Then Almeida can surely comeback along with Jimmie Rivera who could catapult himself way up the rankings by beating Faber at 203. There's life in the division. Dodson is still floating around in there too. Shit, I even forgot AlJo.

Moraes has still yet to truly prove himself too. Dude has looked absolutely fantastic...but not against the strongest of competition... He's clearly skilled but I need to see him fight someone of note first before giving him a title shot. Even then, he's very stationary. Perfect for Dom :p

The paycut would be much bigger than just going from 90 +90 to like 50 + 50 or something like that and having to fight better opponents despite of that but he would get virtually nothing from Reebok and I can't imagine that he makes much less than 20k in sponsor money which is almost as much as UFC champs get.

Schaub claims he made 100k sponsor money per fight at the end
Sponsorship is probably the biggest issue, but I don't really know enough about it to comment. However, my point was that he could possibly/potentially make more from a UFC contract (all things considered) than he would by staying with WSOF. I'm not sure if they have the capacity to pay him more than they already are whereas UFC could if he rose through the ranks. Not saying it would happen, but it could. That said, it would be a toss-up and like you said, his immediate paycut would come with higher competition.

Sponsorship is probably the biggest issue, but I don't really know enough about it to comment. However, my point was that he could possibly/potentially make more from a UFC contract (all things considered) than he would by staying with WSOF. I'm not sure if they have the capacity to pay him more than they already are whereas UFC could if he rose through the ranks. Not saying it would happen, but it could. That said, it would be a toss-up and like you said, his immediate paycut would come with higher competition.

Yeah it's possible but a risk. The UFC gave Lombard and Alvarez really expensive contracts though not so sure they were happy about how Lombard turned out to be but with Alvarez it did work out not initially but at least now

Yeah it's possible but a risk. The UFC gave Lombard and Alvarez really expensive contracts though not so sure they were happy about how Lombard turned out to be but with Alvarez it did work out not initially but at least now
Yeah, it's a risk for both parties. Safe bet for Moraes is with WSOF.

Back