I don't think Jones or Cormier can hold the other down

Zen82

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
For all of the talk about Cormier's credentials and and how Jones wants to challenge DC's wrestling, I don't think either guy is going to hold the other down for very long.

I think this fight is decided on the feet and DC's best chance is to land one of his huge punches from inside and stun Jones enough to finish him fast. If not, I think he gets picked apart.

DC could dump Jones or Jones could get a trip from the clinch, but am I the only one who thinks that this thing is going to end up a standup battle for 99% of the fight? I see the other getting right back up after a takedown.

Suplex suplex suplexsuplexsuplex

DC will hold Jones down for as long as he wants

I think I have to agree with you TS. I don't see either one holding the other down for long if in fact one or the other manages a take down.

The difference is that Jones doesn't need much time on top to land something fight changing.

The difference is that Jones doesn't need much time on top to land something fight changing.

Yup, that's a good point. Jones on top for even five seconds could be devastating.

Can't wait for this fight.

Cormier will be able to hold Jones down, I don't think Jones will be able to control DC. Jones' best chance to win is keeping the fight standing and winning on points from the outside.

I have a totally unverified belief that Jones is probably extremely dangerous from his back.

I could see either guy winning in the feet (favors Jones though). I could see Cormier taking Jones down but not really vice versa unless he got stunned with an elbow. But I think Jones could win from his back.

Bones is going to feel weak compared to DC's grappling partners.

I will say tho that between their bodyframes I would be sad and surprised but not shocked to see Bones on his back finish DC with a triangle

I think Jones is better at scambling off his back then cormier, although I've never seen cormier on his back

I think it will be a stand up fight Cormier will have the quicker hands look good at first but jones will get solid advice an win

I will say tho that between their bodyframes I would be sad and surprised but not shocked to see Bones on his back finish DC with a triangle

DC might do a rampage slam if he gets caught in a triangle, though I'm sure JJ is smart enough to let it go right away.

Yeah, but Jones can finish DC if he gets him down by strikes or sub. I don't think DC can finish Jones at all if he gets him down. And i don't think he can keep him down. That's why i'm picking Jones. :(

No I think the wrestling will be relativly equal. Hope DC has a plan B.

I have a totally unverified belief that Jones is probably extremely dangerous from his back.

I could see either guy winning in the feet (favors Jones though). I could see Cormier taking Jones down but not really vice versa unless he got stunned with an elbow. But I think Jones could win from his back.

Same as how I feel. Jones still has a reach advantage off his back and if Cormier gets him down, he's going to have to deal with punches and elbows. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cormier take him down and let him up to avoid dealing with that.

Back