I don't think I've ever seen a fighter as relaxed in the cage as Mcgregor last night

Seriously he was all hyped up before and after but during the fight he was so relaxed like he was on valium

Fedor and Anderson Silva are probably the most calm fighters to ever fight in MMA and they took on elite fighters. Last night, Conor was facing a taylormade win stylistically, if he wasn't calm and relaxed everyone should have worried.

Very loose and just throwing everything out there. I was kind of wtf'ing because he was spamming spinning shit way too much. Like he just didnt give a fukk.

I think hes really trying to live up to the hype and impress the crowd with spinning stuff.

bonnar+silva+back+kick.gif

Yeah but Bonnar was fixing his hair more than jabbing, wtf is that?

Much like McGregor, it was pretty easy for Silva to stay relaxed with such an incredible disparity in skill.

At least Silva beat a durable LHW at LHW, which is more impressive than beating a former top 15 LW that hasn't looked good at FW at FW.

it's not a problem with the diaz brothers, because they're not acting any different than they always do. with mcgregor, you know it's an act. that's what makes it embarrassing to me. don't put on an act. not a fan of being lied to.

I don't think anything McGregor does in the cage is an act at all. I also don't think the things he says are acts either; played up for the crowd and some flare for the hype, but he does not mince words with where he sees himself or how he analyses his opponents and no one ever really has issue with the specific things he says re: their abilities.

He truly believes he is the best in the world and that no fighter can challenge him. He fights that way as well. Very different from a guy like Chael who talks the talks then panics in the cage, or even formerly great fighters that did the bare minimum to win out of fear of losing.

For better or worse Conor does not believe any fighter can challenge him. It is true relaxation that comes from confidence combined with an indignant attitude towards all of his opponents.

At least Silva beat a durable LHW at LHW, which is more impressive than beating a former top 15 LW that hasn't looked good at FW at FW.

In Silva's defense, yeah, he was fighting above his weight class and it was a late replacement fight. I'm not faulting him for taking on Bonnar.

Its kinda easy to feel relaxed in a fight when you're #5 fighting a post-ptime #10 with all size/reach advantages to your favor and an opponent that was hand-picked for you to win XD

There have been plenty more calm. It's part of his gameplan. You saw how insane he was pre/post fight. "calm" is just another act.

Emelianenko-vs-James-Thompson-Colos.gif

Its kinda easy to feel relaxed in a fight when you're #5 fighting a post-ptime #10 with all size/reach advantages to your favor and an opponent that was hand-picked for you to win XD

"#10" I love Siver but he was ranked 14 at best. At the very best.

"#10" I love Siver but he was ranked 14 at best. At the very best.

Before fight:
Everyone that doesn't work for the UFC: "Siver is going to get destroyed; he doesn't even belong in the octagon with a top 5 guy."
Rogan and everyone that works for the UFC: "Siver may be Conor's toughest test yet..."

During fight:
Everyone that doesn't work for the UFC: "Yup, that's about what I thought it would look like."
Rogan and everyone that works for the UFC: "Conor is destroying him. Siver doesn't even look like he belongs in the octagon with him!"

That's why he has a ton of energy when he does fight. No wasted energy most of the time. The greeting at the beginning was interesting. :icon_lol:

He looked great but there are plenty of other fighters who looked even more relaxed. C'mon..

There have been plenty more calm. It's part of his gameplan. You saw how insane he was pre/post fight. "calm" is just another act.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Concerned-vs-not-concerned.gif

Very loose and just throwing everything out there. I was kind of wtf'ing because he was spamming spinning shit way too much. Like he just didnt give a fukk.

I think hes really trying to live up to the hype and impress the crowd with spinning stuff.

I think he was trying to get a highlight with Rogan saying, "He beat Siver at his own game". Too bad he forgot he was fighting a midget. He probably should have thrown a spinning body kick. That probably would have been closer to his head.

it's not a problem with the diaz brothers, because they're not acting any different than they always do. with mcgregor, you know it's an act. that's what makes it embarrassing to me. don't put on an act. not a fan of being lied to.

It's not being lied to if you know its an act. It's just part of this character he has created; it would have been no different (just infinitely more laughable) if he had a spotty record with this kind of attitude.

Regardless of how you feel about his persona, he is exciting and people want to see him fight. MMA, the UFC, and in particular the FW division needed another person like this. I was promised this world eater in Aldo when he came to the UFC, but all I was given was another tentative champion who's skills are amazing but has decided to maintain a more conservative approach to his title defenses. If anything Aldo has looked less then destroyer that I saw time and time again in his WEC days because he usually gases in rounds 4 and 5.

None of his opponents seemed capable of taking is title, the closest being Mendes in their last bout and Zombie in round 3 before he had his freak injury. Now an exciting new fighter has finally come along with the skills that at least on some level look good enough to match Aldo; so regardless of his antics I am excited to see him fight cause he has looked impressive as fuck and certainly deserves a shot; more so than many of Aldo's other opponents.

Back