I dont think if it goes the distance Conor will gas

Right Hook nut shot

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I believe Conor gassed so hard in the fights at 170 is that Diaz puts the pressure, and increases it as the fight progresses. Cerrone although like Diaz gets stronger as the fight progresses is more of a guy who picks his shots instead of putting constant pressure. Unless Cerrone mixes it up with takedowns i dont see Conor gassing IF it goes the distance. I could be wrong

I can see Conor winning a decision. First 2 rounds Conor dominates but Cowboy survives, last 3 rounds more even but Conor doing enough.

Cerrone can't walk through Conor's shots enough to gas him out, Conor should make quick work of him.

I keep picturing a scenario in which Conor gasses, but instead of Cerrone going for the kill, Respectful Cowboy and Humble McGregor do the whole hug and glove touch after every exchange.

If Conor can crack him good early, it won't take much time for this to be over.
If Cowboy can make it pass the 2nd, it's a toss up after that imo.

Conor has gone 5 rounds once and gone past the end of the 3rd round 1 other time vs Khabib.
If he fights like he did against Nate in the 2nd fight then maybe.

I'm guessing that a decision win by either fighter is much longer odds with the bookies than anything other than a draw, it's not very likely that the fight goes for 25 minutes.

Hopefully the main card won’t put me to sleep before the main event

Cerrone starts slow, is hittable early, just had his chin cracked by a lesser striker, and has a terrible track record with good southpaw strikers.

I get if Cerrone wrestles it's gonna be a long night for Conor, but if they only stand Conors gonna touch that chin with ease.

I seem him gaz if it goes the distance, because of the mass he put on.

I think with the Diaz II fight, Conor has fixed his cardio issues. Cerrone doesn't throw tons of volume like Diaz does so I think Conor's cardio will be fine at 170. He's fought at this weight before and went the distance going all 5 rounds winning a decision.

He'll lose power in his hands, be incapable of finishing the fight, and become extremely vulnerable as his defense goes out the window like virtually every time it has gone past round 2.

He most definitely fought Nate very "efficiently" but he still slowed down toward the end of the second. This was at 170, which is a great weight for him physically at the cost of his endurance.

You only really gas if you are losing the fight or you aren't dictating the pace of the fight. Expect Conor to be in complete control so he really shouldn't gas.

Cerrone isn't an extreme pressure fighter and won't be going for clinches or takedowns. Conor will dictate the pace the entire fight.

Conor could get tired, but won't completely gas out unless Cerrone hurts him badly with body kicks and body shots, or does the unthinkable and makes its a grappling war.

Cerrone is giving Conor every advantage he can.

conor will looked gassed after the walk out will be showing real signs in rd3 if it gets there

I wouldn't write off Cerrone's clinch game, deffo got some knees and elbows that could wind up effective when the focus is so much on his submission and head kick game. has Conor ever taken many hard body strikes in a fight? how does he deal with a Cowboy style roundhouse kick to the liver I wonder.

If it goes 5 rounds, of course Conor will gas. Conor himself has admitted that he always gasses, but that he always catches a second wind. Against Nate, it's possible to persevere and make it to the second wind because Nate doesn't have finishing power on the feet. Cowboy has much more finishing power than Nate. If Conor gasses like he did against Nate, Cowboy will get the finish.

But the most likely scenario is that Conor snipes Cowboy within the first 2 rounds, so the cardio won't even come into play.

Back