I don't see why Khabib would agree to a rematch after Conor wins

Here's the thing

It depends on my Depends.
@Green
Reaction score
Hasn't Khabib made it clear he only wants to fight the best and build his legacy? How would Dana force him to fight a guy he just crushed, just because that guy beat a mid-level fighter. Assuming he beats Tony, aren't there much better fights than that rematch?

They'll sell Conor as the best fighter again when we get there

Because Dana will threaten to strip Khabib if he turns the fight down...

If Conor is smart he fights JG next after cowboy. If he eliminates JG then there's nobody left for Khabib too fight.
He's lucky that Khabib almost cleaned out the top 5 of LW.

there's only one contender left in the division, tony and khabib cleared all the rest. If conor manage to beat gaethje, he is right in line for the TS

there's only one contender left in the division, tony and khabib cleared all the rest. If conor manage to beat gaethje, he is right in line for the TS

Tony cleared absolutely nothing bro.
Tony hasn't fought a top 5 contender since RDA! His last top 5 win is old cowboy and I don't really rate that win.

Khabib > Tony

Hasn't Khabib made it clear he only wants to fight the best and build his legacy? How would Dana force him to fight a guy he just crushed, just because that guy beat a mid-level fighter. Assuming he beats Tony, aren't there much better fights than that rematch?
well he just fought poirer who conrad smoked in less time. khaduck is scared that connie has upped his tdd. Its clear he's scared because surely he would like to beat down conmeg if he was confident of winning.

Khabib is probably posturing to leverage more money when it comes to making the fight, which is a smart move.

Write up the contract so loser has to convert to the winner's religion.

Take money out of the equation, Khabib will accept the fight now.

Come on gentlemen.

Dana is going to pay big bucks and Ali Abdelaziz is going to sit Khabib down and tell him: Listen, my brother, you must take this fight my brother. This exactly what is going to happen, Khabib will probably get paid 8 figures and will agree to fight McGregor again.

To answer your question, money, and to fight the best fighters.

Conor is a better fighter than Gaethje. The big thing Gaethje has going for him is that he has a good style to beat Khabib. But Conor is a better fighter with a better resumé. By taking Conor over Gaethje, Khabib would be taking the more deserving fighter, yet the easier fight, for more money. No brainer.

What are these better fights you speak of? He's scheduled to fight Tony. Other than that, an Usman superfight or a GSP money fight are all that are arguably better. And Khabib loses to both of those guys.

If Khabib loses to Tony then it will all work itself out.

If he's offered a shit-ton of cash to defend against a recent champ, I think he'll take it, and he'll view it as a legitimate fight.

All of his talk about whether Conor deserves a rematch is about the fact that Conor is going to go in, claiming he's the box office draw, and deserves equal or greater slice of the pie. Khabib is pointing out that he's the champ, and he's in the driver's seat. He will have to defend against a lot of people with a lesser claim than McGregor, if he holds onto the belt for any length of time. Given Dana's fetish for immediate rematches, no matter how the previous fight ended, I'm shocked that he even had to take the Cowboy fight before getting a shot.

Are you one of these weird worshipers who think he's on a crusade to purify the integrity of MMA as a sport as its chosen Messiah?

Khabib's Dad/Manager guy will demand $50 Million

well he just fought poirer who conrad smoked in less time. khaduck is scared that connie has upped his tdd. Its clear he's scared because surely he would like to beat down conmeg if he was confident of winning.
And what you're gonna say when the rematch happen and your god gets crashed again? Wouldn't you feel stupid? Of course not.. dumb people can't feel stupid..

If Conor beats Cowboy, Dana will trade a contract for Islam vs Fighter Kevin in exchange for Khabib signing a Conor fight clause.

To answer your question, money, and to fight the best fighters.

Conor is a better fighter than Gaethje. The big thing Gaethje has going for him is that he has a good style to beat Khabib. But Conor is a better fighter with a better resumé. By taking Conor over Gaethje, Khabib would be taking the more deserving fighter, yet the easier fight, for more money. No brainer.

What are these better fights you speak of? He's scheduled to fight Tony. Other than that, an Usman superfight or a GSP money fight are all that are arguably better. And Khabib loses to both of those guys.
I think you underestimate how great Khabib is off his back

yes...Khabib is clearly 'scared' of a guy who he smashed and tapped already.

you sound silly.

Fights to make after UFC 249:
- Ferguson vs McGregor (LW title fight)
- Khabib vs Gaethje (No. 1 contender fight)

Back