I don't see the argument for Overeem.

JohnMang

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I'm not trying to bash Overeem, he's elite no doubt but with his gas tank and chin I don't see him as any sort of threat to either JDS or Cain. I'm not counting him out though. I honestly saw JDS knocking Cain out tonight and I was proven so completely wrong, so a Cain-Overeem fight would be interesting.

Looking at it now I see:
Cain wrestlefucking him
JDS KO'ing him.

Nonetheless I can't wait for the fight. It should be an exciting fight.

Overreem's awesome fun to watch when things go his way, but he has no heart.

He's one of my favorite fighters but he kills me at times, he can be the hammer, and he's real good at that but he can't be the nail.

Show me ONE, just ONE fight where he overcame adversity and was taking a beating and came back to win.

He doesn't have the heart JDS has, he could have never lasted that long.

But, he could very well stuff cains td's early and knee him into oblivion...

It's an interesting fight.
I don't think Overeem has the TDD that JDS has. Even after 5 rounds he his JDS's TDD was exceptional. If Cain does what he did in this fight against Overeem, I honestly don't see Overeem's answer.

Now one thing is that Cain did look rather sloppy at times, if Overeem can capitalize I think he can win.

If either land a clean punch on him hes out. He can uber knee them tho so it remains interesting till they happen

Overeem demolishes them both.

You can not clinch with Overeem, just forget about it. What can Cain do apart from "tire him out"?

It's too difficult to say. Cain definitely has a good style for fighting Overeem but he's also pretty sloppy, and a knee from Overeem is worse than anything Cain has taken. It depends on if Cain can threaten him with takedowns. If he gets stopped he won't be able to reset and try another, the way Alistair defends takedowns using underhooks and sprawling would open Cain up to knees. He's got to get deep and secure his takedowns and then rerun the Jds strategy.

Jds on the other hand I think is fucked against Overeem. Alistair's defense against strikes when facing another striker is very good. He has to land early or it will be a just Thai clinic.

It's too difficult to say. Cain definitely has a good style for fighting Overeem but he's also pretty sloppy, and a knee from Overeem is worse than anything Cain has taken. It depends on if Cain can threaten him with takedowns. If he gets stopped he won't be able to reset and try another, the way Alistair defends takedowns using underhooks and sprawling would open Cain up to knees. He's got to get deep and secure his takedowns and then rerun the Jds strategy.

Jds on the other hand I think is fucked against Overeem. Alistair's defense against strikes when facing another striker is very good. He has to land early or it will be a just Thai clinic.
JDS I think beats Overeem 8/10 times.
I don't think Overeem's chin could handle JDS.

Could be wrong though.

Back