I don't see how Souza wins?

Romero is a stylistic nightmare for Souza. The best wrestling I've seen in MMA stacked with a brute/odd striking game that is really unique. Souza is prob the best bjj guy right now with huge power himself but hes so predictable standing. This will be primarily a stand up affair with Souza getting blitzed and ko'd. Theres gonna be alot of salty people in here after this affair, its not too late to jump ship and aboard the mighty Romero vessel while theres still room cause hes getting that title shot after and winning it.

Your confidence is misplaced. Jacare by late submission.

Good fight and I can see both guys winning. I don't see how you think Romero has the best MMA wrestling, if anything he's got good to great wrestling but not more than that. He's far behind DC who in turn got outwrestled by Jones (though a lot of it was due to Jones effectively using his size).

Is this the main event? If Romero doesn't win in the first or second, I see Jacare winning this. Jacare will probably outstrike Romero but he needs to avoid Romero's power strikes as that's the only way that Romero will win.

Yoel was out wrestled by Brunson if my memory serves me correctly. A bit of a cherry pick, I know but what worries me more is how much Romero slows down after a round/round and a half. Souza by neutralizing decision.

Its Jacares time. I dont think he'll lose. I think he will fight like a man possessed.

I take Jacare on this one. He is a great fighter only getting better and more focused and intense. Yoel is a badass no doubt but I feel Jacare puts a stop to Yoel's current rise.

I really hope you are right, TS, though I'm slightly favoring Jacare.

Always rooting for Romero, he's so fucking brutal.

Yoel is stylistically a bad fight for Jacare, I agree. Yoels so explosive, and such a great MMA wrestler. Ridiculous power and good BJJ. Jacare can win but I favour Yoel.

Romero is a stylistic nightmare for Souza.

I think the UFC should just cancel this fight then and award victory to Romero...

the guy that just barely 'beat?' Tim Kennedy is going to have his hands full.. Jacare wins, not sure how, but he'll get it done

I think Yoel will do that awesome combo, that side kick/stomp to the thigh and left straight/right hook! That combo was awesome, I also think Kennedy is more well rounded than Jacare. Both are ageing, but it would be cool to see Yoel get a title shot, but Weidman will stomp them both.

Again

Yoel got outwrestled by Brunson because up till that point had no respect for his opponent's wrestling, not a factor from which he didn't seem to think he could find trouble.

After the fight, when he got a little held up(uselessly), he confessed he started to work on implementing his wrestling.

Tavares and Kennedy fights proved what a monster of a wrestler he is. Also, kennedy thought he will make this a grueling wrestling match, but Yoel controlled him and shook of him as if he was a joke when Kennedy tried to shoot. Himself taken down Kennedy two times, yet he doesn't aim to wrestle snuggle with him. He has hands of bone breaking power(Brunson's jaw, Kennedy's orbital), and he is very technical and accurate with them, so he prefers to keep it standing up.

Can people now finally stop bringing up Brunson as proof that Yoel's wrestling is overrated? He improved leaps and bounds since that fight, probably improved leaps and bounds since Kennedy's fight by now.

yes,yoel was getting taken down by markes(until markes gassed) and souza has better wrestling than markes. souza has great striking,but also has a questionable chin

He's been knocked out twice, ever. The last time he was knocked out was over six years ago. What's questionable about that? Also, the upkick he got nailed with would have knocked almost anyone out.

Again

Yoel got outwrestled by Brunson because up till that point had no respect for his opponent's wrestling, not a factor from which he didn't seem to think he could find trouble.

After the fight, when he got a little held up(uselessly), he confessed he started to work on implementing his wrestling.

Tavares and Kennedy fights proved what a monster of a wrestler he is. Also, kennedy thought he will make this a grueling wrestling match, but Yoel controlled him and shook of him as if he was a joke when Kennedy tried to shoot. Himself taken down Kennedy two times, yet he doesn't aim to wrestle snuggle with him. He has hands of bone breaking power(Brunson's jaw, Kennedy's orbital), and he is very technical and accurate with them, so he prefers to keep it standing up.

Can people now finally stop bringing up Brunson as proof that Yoel's wrestling is overrated? He improved leaps and bounds since that fight, probably improved leaps and bounds since Kennedy's fight by now.

Again

It goes against his entire mindset as a lifelong wrestler to be taken down if he can help it. It simply does not happen if he can do anything about it. There's also the gaping hole in your logic that lies in the Cavalcante fight. If he didn't start thinking he should start adapting his wrestling to a more MMA friendly style after being stuffed and knocked out by Cavalcante, then outwrestled by Markes, then by Brunson, then I don't know what to tell you.

It's nice and all that you take up for the guy and defend his wrestling in this sport, but it's illogical at best. Nothing about what you're saying even begins to make sense. An olympian making a habit of not respecting the prospective skills of his opponents, especially in a new sport where he is decidedly behind the learning curve? Get out of here with that.

This fight excites me. Its going to be a war but Jacare will stop him late. Romero kinda makes some of his fights harder than they needed to be. He sure can take a shot.

Jacare has "great" boxing at least good enough to at least trouble anyone at MW and with his pwoer eh only needs to land one shot. Also his TDs are really really good and Romero has been taken down before

"Great" boxing is a gigantic stretch.

The striking shown in Jacare/Okami and the grappling shown in the Mousasi rematch, means Yoel loses hard.

the striking shown in Jacare/Okami was nothing but an overhand right being spammed until he landed.

I'm really interested in this fight I am surprised how many people are sleeping on Yoel though.

Back