I don't see how Souza wins?

Romero is a stylistic nightmare for Souza. The best wrestling I've seen in MMA stacked with a brute/odd striking game that is really unique. Souza is prob the best bjj guy right now with huge power himself but hes so predictable standing. This will be primarily a stand up affair with Souza getting blitzed and ko'd. Theres gonna be alot of salty people in here after this affair, its not too late to jump ship and aboard the mighty Romero vessel while theres still room cause hes getting that title shot after and winning it.

best wrestling in mma????? i guess you didnt see brunson and markes fights. souza takes him down and subs him or even ko's him. bad fight for yoel

The striking shown in Jacare/Okami and the grappling shown in the Mousasi rematch, means Yoel loses hard.

This fight will be fun. Both have KO power, Souza got that BJJ , Romero has Olympic Wrasslin

Romero MMA wrestling is overrated.

How so?

His TD's are fucking crazy and yes, he's been taken down a few times but he's also done a great job at stopping TD's and his ability to get back to his feet is very impressive. IMO, he's one of the most explosive guys in MMA and the way he gets back to his feet is proof of that. He just powers out of it and jumps back to his feet and makes his opponent look useless in the process. There's more to wrestling than just stopping TD's as well as getting TD's. The clinch is actually one of, if not the most important part because when you're able to impose your will on your opponent, if you're able to take control of the clinch, you have control of the fight and the clinch is the most grueling aspect of the fight. It's extremely important and again, wrestling is more than just TD's and TDD.

He's got some very good top control and shown some good ground-and-pound as well. It seems that he mostly just wants to stay on the feet and knock guys out though and sometimes he will go for TD's to just score points or if he wants a rest.

Hopefully he will work on his cardio some more because if that guy can end up going 5 rounds, I wouldn't be surprised if we see him become the champion some day. Too bad he got into MMA so late. The fact he's as old as he is (he's kind of old in terms of being a professional fighter) and he's as good as he is and is able to beat these younger guys who have been competing much longer is quite impressive IMO.

That said, he also seems like a good dude. I see him having a bright future even if he doesn't end up becoming the champion or even if he doesn't beat Jacare in his next fight.

How so?

His TD's are fucking crazy and yes, he's been taken down a few times but he's also done a great job at stopping TD's and his ability to get back to his feet is very impressive. IMO, he's one of the most explosive guys in MMA and the way he gets back to his feet is proof of that. He just powers out of it and jumps back to his feet and makes his opponent look useless in the process.

He's got some very good top control and shown some good ground-and-pound as well. It seems that he mostly just wants to stay on the feet and knock guys out though and sometimes he will go for TD's to just score points or if he wants a rest.

Hopefully he will work on his cardio some more because if that guy can end up going 5 rounds, I wouldn't be surprised if we see him become the champion some day. Too bad he got into MMA so late. The fact he's as old as he is (he's kind of old in terms of being a professional fighter) and he's as good as he is and is able to beat these younger guys who have been competing much longer is quite impressive IMO.

That said, he also seems like a good dude. I see him having a bright future even if he doesn't end up becoming the champion or even if he doesn't beat Jacare in his next fight.
Hes good but Jacare can beat him, he has been looking pretty dominant right now. I still remember that Feijao fight when Romero got KOd and when Brunson gave Romero a tough fight.

Is Souza known for his gas tank ? I'm gunna go a 30-27 Yoel

More so than Yeol's. Souza has "been there, done that" on a multiple occasions. The longer it goes the more favourable it would be for Jacare in most aspects.

He's a better overall grappler despite Romero's Olympic pedigree. He also has the ability to KO Romero standing. Hell, Kennedy almost did that. Romero basically had to cheat to recover from that. Jacare most likely scores a take down, passes guard and submits Romero. That's how he beat Romero's fellow aged former Olympian Matt Lindland.

The striking shown in Jacare/Okami and the grappling shown in the Mousasi rematch, means Yoel loses hard.

yes,yoel was getting taken down by markes(until markes gassed) and souza has better wrestling than markes. souza has great striking,but also has a questionable chin

jacare has a good chin, improved striking and a decent bit of power in his punch also

let jones v cormier (and hendo v sheilds, and various other fights) show you that having amazing wrestling doesn't necessarily mean you aren't going down

tim kennedy pulled guard on him and got him to the mat (with little success, but he got him there) so there's no reason jacare can't do similar... it'll be a tough fight but you're doing a massive disservice to jacare saying he can't win. he has fought and beaten better guys lately and has every chance to win

only way i see romero winning is via comeback tko(markes and brunson fights)

Is Souza known for his gas tank ? I'm gunna go a 30-27 Yoel
I can't tell you that he's never gassed in a fight or anything (I can't personally remember him ever gassing, but that's just me), but I can say that he looked great in his last fight and he got a late finish against a high ranked opponent who's known for being almost impossible to finish and never looked tired at all, so at the very least, he looks very well conditioned these days and he's heavily motivated to work towards a title shot and becoming champion. Romero, on the other hand, has gassed in recent fights, so if I were to bet on either of them gassing, I would heavily bet on Romero.

this is a tough one. Yoel is one of my favourite fighters but i can't help but feel jacare has got this.

he's looked like an absolute beast since his return to the ufc... And romero almost got finished, admittedly through cheating, by tim kennedy.

I can definitely see romero taking it though, just don't think he will.

O-o

It's a close one but I favor Souza.

I can't tell you that he's never gassed in a fight or anything (I can't personally remember him ever gassing, but that's just me), but I can say that he looked great in his last fight and he got a late finish against a high ranked opponent who's known for being almost impossible to finish and never looked tired at all, so at the very least, he looks very well conditioned these days and he's heavily motivated to work towards a title shot and becoming champion. Romero, on the other hand, has gassed in recent fights, so if I were to bet on either of them gassing, I would heavily bet on Romero.

souza gassed in 3 round fight with villasenor(something like that i cant remember)

I don't see how Yoel can win this. What could he do apart from wall n stall? Jacare is better standing and light years ahead of him on the mat.

Romero is a stylistic nightmare for Souza. The best wrestling I've seen in MMA stacked with a brute/odd striking game that is really unique. Souza is prob the best bjj guy right now with huge power himself but hes so predictable standing. This will be primarily a stand up affair with Souza getting blitzed and ko'd. Theres gonna be alot of salty people in here after this affair, its not too late to jump ship and aboard the mighty Romero vessel while theres still room cause hes getting that title shot after and winning it.

Don't worry TS, I'm already aboard the Yoel vessel.

The fight will be way closer than you described but WAR ROMERO!

Back