I don't see how Souza wins?

PULPF1CT1ON

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Romero is a stylistic nightmare for Souza. The best wrestling I've seen in MMA stacked with a brute/odd striking game that is really unique. Souza is prob the best bjj guy right now with huge power himself but hes so predictable standing. This will be primarily a stand up affair with Souza getting blitzed and ko'd. Theres gonna be alot of salty people in here after this affair, its not too late to jump ship and aboard the mighty Romero vessel while theres still room cause hes getting that title shot after and winning it.

Jacare has "great" boxing at least good enough to at least trouble anyone at MW and with his pwoer eh only needs to land one shot. Also his TDs are really really good and Romero has been taken down before

I favour Romero but it can go either way. Souza can catch him too. I don't think he gets him to the ground and if he does, Romero will pop right back up.
But Romero is such a beast and has so much heart that it won't be easy to put him away and I can see Souza being put away with one of the power bombs that Romero throws.
60/40 or 55/45 Romero for me.

I predict a tough couple rounds for Yoel. He almost gets submitted, repeatedly. But then after some controversy between rounds 2 and 3, Yoel pulls off the Hail Mary flying armbar.

jacare has a good chin, improved striking and a decent bit of power in his punch also

let jones v cormier (and hendo v sheilds, and various other fights) show you that having amazing wrestling doesn't necessarily mean you aren't going down

tim kennedy pulled guard on him and got him to the mat (with little success, but he got him there) so there's no reason jacare can't do similar... it'll be a tough fight but you're doing a massive disservice to jacare saying he can't win. he has fought and beaten better guys lately and has every chance to win

I predict a tough couple rounds for Yoel. He almost gets submitted, repeatedly. But then after some controversy between rounds 2 and 3, Yoel pulls off the Hail Mary flying armbar.

yoel will? good luck with that bet! lol

Well, if it goes to the ground, tap tap.

Sounds like an fairly even matchup, could be anyone.

Don't mind Yeol myself but personally don't give him too much of a chance against Jacare. In saying that I'm not dismissing the possibility he does get a win but I think Souza just brings more and offers more threats. Stoked & have no doubts it'll be a great fight. I'm figuring Souza via sub after Yeol gets sluggish in the 3rd.

Two bald, brown, and heavy handed grapplers that are somewhat hittable with a little bit better than average cardio...

It's a toss up.

Striking I give a slight egde to Romero, but I have the feeling Jacare is going to frustrate him and get it to go to the ground, where he catches a rapidly gassing Yoel.

This is a tough one. Yoel is one of my favourite fighters but I can't help but feel Jacare has got this.

He's looked like an absolute beast since his return to the UFC... and Romero almost got finished, admittedly through cheating, by Tim Kennedy.

I can definitely see Romero taking it though, just don't think he will.

i think it's one of the most even matches in recent memory.

Jacare can submit ANYONE. It's that simple really. Doesn't matter if you're an olympic caliber wrestler, you can still be submitted by a multiple BJJ world champ. But I'm expecting a great fight, regardless of who comes out on top, but to say that Souza has no way of winning it? Come on.

Back