I don't like the term diet...so um...lifestyle choice?

If you make it a lifestyle change it will last. Diets don't work. That fact that you figured this out means there's hope for you. Good luck.

Again this is confusion or at least wrong application of the word "diet." I hope you don't tell people diets don't work because you're just further confusing the term. This is why when people come into my store and see the words "dietery supplement" on a bottle of Vitamin E they freak out about it because they didn't know Vitamin E was supposed to make you "lose weight."

King Kabuki said:
Again this is confusion or at least wrong application of the word "diet." I hope you don't tell people diets don't work because you're just further confusing the term. This is why when people come into my store and see the words "dietery supplement" on a bottle of Vitamin E they freak out about it because they didn't know Vitamin E was supposed to make you "lose weight."

I understand your anal retention about this due to the fact it is a major passion (and business). However keep in mind the average laymen is not educated the way you are and thus think of atkins or south beath when they think diet.

Yes it is incorrect. But odds are you use incorrect terms in regards to many thing you arnt passionate about. This is a fourm about diet and training. You are a mod. You have clarified and educated us who are uneducated on the use of that single word.

Do you have any opinions on the topic itself? or is your only concernt that word?

I understand your anal retention about this due to the fact it is a major passion (and business). However keep in mind the average laymen is not educated the way you are and thus think of atkins or south beath when they think diet.

Yes it is incorrect. But odds are you use incorrect terms in regards to many thing you arnt passionate about. This is a fourm about diet and training. You are a mod. You have clarified and educated us who are uneducated on the use of that single word.

Do you have any opinions on the topic itself? or is your only concernt that word?

That topic happens to be the title of the thread. So, I think the first step to even being educated in that respect is understanding that the whole reasoning behind titling this thread accordingly is based on a mis-conception. General public mis-information is half the reason why people fail at "diets." And I don't care if that's a standard, if something that simple and ignorant is allowed to continue, to perpetuate, more times than not a lot of the information given based around that mis-conception is going to be mis-used. I know it seems anal-retentive, but I've seen it enough on a consistent basis to understand it's importance. If people got the word "diet" out of their head as something evil, something that requires more work, more effort than they're willing to put in, or associating it with a goal they want to achieve when it's definition doesn't even apply to that goal in a specific way, things would be A LOT easier both for consumers and for Professionals in the field.

Pointing out that I have educated this thread on the use of the Word is pretty funny considering that despite my initial post, it was STILL used incorrectly. lol Fat lot of good that did, and that's precisely what I'm talking about. What use would contributing be if the laymen can't get one little word right?

King Kabuki said:
That topic happens to be the title of the thread. So, I think the first step to even being educated in that respect is understanding that the whole reasoning behind titling this thread accordingly is based on a mis-conception. General public mis-information is half the reason why people fail at "diets." And I don't care if that's a standard, if something that simple and ignorant is allowed to continue, to perpetuate, more times than not a lot of the information given based around that mis-conception is going to be mis-used. I know it seems anal-retentive, but I've seen it enough on a consistent basis to understand it's importance. If people got the word "diet" out of their head as something evil, something that requires more work, more effort than they're willing to put in, or associating it with a goal they want to achieve when it's definition doesn't even apply to that goal in a specific way, things would be A LOT easier both for consumers and for Professionals in the field.

Pointing out that I have educated this thread on the use of the Word is pretty funny considering that despite my initial post, it was STILL used incorrectly. lol Fat lot of good that did, and that's precisely what I'm talking about. What use would contributing be if the laymen can't get one little word right?

I understand that position. Also keep in mind I'm not trying to argue or turn this into somthing.

Given only one other person has misused the term since I did in the thread title.

Anyway.....getting back to what I meant this thread to be about before I misused the term....

Do you have an opinion on my diet and program, or see any major holes in it as I am clearly NOT educated on the subject and am trying to do so?

On the calories, basicaly if you are not getting enough due to your large size you will lower your metabolism. You are trying to raise your metabolism through exercise, so you are kind of being counterproductive. Also, I am kind of oversimplying this.

Anyway.....getting back to what I meant this thread to be about before I misused the term....

Do you have an opinion on my diet and program, or see any major holes in it as I am clearly NOT educated on the subject and am trying to do so?

I could have sworn I replied to this, did I PM you? If not my bad, I get so man PM's for advice I lose track.

King Kabuki said:
I could have sworn I replied to this, did I PM you? If not my bad, I get so man PM's for advice I lose track.

Nope no PM,

Its understandable considering you are the "guru" around these parts haha.

Get back to me when you have the time :) and thanks

Dearest mod,

The thread title indicated the authors preferred use of the word "diet". My response contained the same usage and added positive feedback to the author. Yours, however "professional" it may seem is pointless. English is subjective in all locations, save one, and none of us are sharing air with the Queen of England.

Webster's opinion...
(di-et)
1. The usual food and drink of a person or animal.
2. A regulated selection of foods, as for medical reasons or cosmetic weight loss.
3. Something used, enjoyed, or provided regularly: subsisted on a diet of detective novels during his vacation.

(a

Dearest mod,

The thread title indicated the authors preferred use of the word "diet". My response contained the same usage and added positive feedback to the author. Yours, however "professional" it may seem is pointless. English is subjective in all locations, save one, and none of us are sharing air with the Queen of England.

Webster's opinion...
(di-et)
1. The usual food and drink of a person or animal.
2. A regulated selection of foods, as for medical reasons or cosmetic weight loss.
3. Something used, enjoyed, or provided regularly: subsisted on a diet of detective novels during his vacation.

(a

Bye the way Bizz, thank you for actually hearing me out on the above issue and coming to understand my perspective. I'll PM you my feedback on your eating plan shortly.

King Kabuki said:
Bye the way Bizz, thank you for actually hearing me out on the above issue and coming to understand my perspective. I'll PM you my feedback on your eating plan shortly.

No problem,

I don't pretend to know much in regards to healthy lifestyle and training, but plan on changing that over the next weeks, months, and years.

I got your PM, good advice and it will be taken, I sent a reply.

Thanks man

No problem,

I don't pretend to know much in regards to healthy lifestyle and training, but plan on changing that over the next weeks, months, and years.

I got your PM, good advice and it will be taken, I sent a reply.

Thanks man

Cool, sometimes anal retention can bring about...wait, I don't like where that's going. Nevermind.

King Kabuki said:
Cool, sometimes anal retention can bring about...wait, I don't like where that's going. Nevermind.

lol shit....

*shakes head*

Back