I don't like jones...

Discussion in 'The Lightweights' started by The Renegade, Jan 6, 2015.

1. The Renegade

The Renegade Silver Belt

Yet the man has a huge problem. And a family. Stop comparing coke to weed, stop saying it is a PED... It isn't. At the end of the day he is a human like the rest of us. He's destroyed some of my favorite fighters yet I would never wish addiction on my worst enemy let alone someone I only know through watching his fights and interviews. Be classier sherdog posters, show the man some respect and keep his well being in your thoughts. Dana is a hypocrite, always has been but don't let Zuffas outlook on the situation overshadow the fact that one of the best martial artist to live is in for months of hell.

Stay strong jones, thoughts and prayers with you and your family.

2. DizzyYeahYeah

DizzyYeahYeah Red Belt

I hope he gets better if he really does have an addiction.

3. Master Shonuff

Master Shonuff Purple Belt

Look for the prolonged effects this will have on the champ

4. obroin

obroin Orange Belt

According to the article linked from Yahoo sports, it is because the test was out of competition.

The test he failed was administered on December 4th. A follow-up test was administered later in the month which he passed. So by the time the fight rolled around (assuming he passes the pre- and post-fight tests) the drug was out of the system, and thus in no way acting as a PED. Since cocaine is classified as a recreational drug, as per the yahoo article

"The Nevada commission follows the World Anti-Doping Agency code and benzoylecgonine is not banned out-of-competition. As a result, the commission was unable to penalize Jones or prevent him from fighting despite knowing of the positive test."

Had he failed the test for steroids, however, THEN the drug would have been acting as a PED for the fight, theoretically changing the outcome. The difference between Jones and when Diaz failed against Gomi is that Diaz tested positive in what basically amounted to the pre fight test. As per Diaz's Wikipedia article, they felt "that the result of Diaz's THC test, an enormous 175, was a contributing factor in his performance during the fight."

5. tasticles

tasticles Red Belt

qft.

6. Fod1987

Fod1987 Blue Belt

The situation is unfortunate but his actions speak for themselves. Jones just proved all the naysayers right about his portrayed image to his real one. I'm by no means condoning sherdoggers being malicious towards him, but people have the right to judge him and point out all the hypocrisy that he himself along with the UFC have established. Nothing but goodwill towards him from me, but he did this to himself and I don't feel bad for him. I do, however, feel bad for his children.