I don't know how you can say that Jones vs DC fight could be boring.

Kwic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Even if DC lays on Jones for 5 rounds, I still don't know what's going to happen any second during the fight, am I? I'm not watching 2 nobodies where I don't care about them so if nothing happens I'm bored.
The tension will be thick no matter how the fight goes.

I'm really surprised people can say it can be boring. To me they are:
a) not a particular fan of either guy
b) not a huge / educated MMA fan.

In hindsight, on paper, yeah, you can say that, if you know the score. But during the fight there is no way it's boring to me.

I feel you. Tons of fights with high tension that have me on the edge of my seat but if I rewatch it after it's pretty boring. One example is Lyoto/Hendo.

Exactly. It doesn't matter anyways. Floyd/Oscar was boring, but you were still watching to see if that one shot could land, or if Oscar could still bring the pressure. It was boring in hindsight, but the tension was always thick throughout the actual live fight. Also, the anticipation of a possible robbery, or how they score the fight is still exciting.

I feel you. Tons of fights with high tension that have me on the edge of my seat but if I rewatch it after it's pretty boring. One example is Lyoto/Hendo.

I remember I enjoyed that fight as I'm a pretty big Machida fan. Yeah, it's true that the fight wasn't particularly eventful but during the fight I was scared that Machida may get KO'ed so it was very very far from a boring fight watching it ;)

That will be my first ppv in a long time and i will stay awake till 6 am to see it live. That means something ! Havent been that excited for a fight since weidman - silva 2

This is the most anticipated fight in a long time. Then it will be the one where the legend silva returns.

honestly, when you're familiar with the fighters, every fight is like that.

Agree TS. however it goes down it won't be boring. If you claim it will be boring then don't watch. I enjoy tactical match ups but the just bleed fans want ko's. they should hop on youtube and watch drunken fights.

Even if DC lays on Jones for 5 rounds, I still don't know what's going to happen any second during the fight, am I? I'm not watching 2 nobodies where I don't care about them so if nothing happens I'm bored.
The tension will be thick no matter how the fight goes.

yeah, They're very different. They're very high level and don't have the same style so you'll see a lot of strengths vs weaknesses matching and will be interesting.

If they have exactly the same style and body size then they could cancel each other out.

It could be reminiscent of the Jones/Rashad fight. But hopefully DC comes in with the right attitude and pressure Jones.

It could be reminiscent of the Jones/Rashad fight. But hopefully DC comes in with the right attitude and pressure Jones.

It's possible, but I don't think DC will freeze up like Rashad did. I think DC knows he's going to get hit in this fight, probably a lot, and he's mentally preparing himself that this one's going to be different. It's not going to be him being the hammer and the other guy being the nail all night. I think if Jones starts landing from outside and dictating pace and distance, DC's corner will get it into his head that he needs to take chances, go for broke, etc. And I think DC will listen and do it. He's 35, this is his shot, period. He might end up getting finished for it but I can't see him folding and deciding that taking a 25 minute beating and surviving is okay.

like the poster above me wrote..

OP did u think rashad/bones was super fajne and zajebiste? cause it was interesting, but rather dull after 2.5 rounds. theres a good chance we see a repeat of that.. so, it could be boring for some fans. nie dla mnie, because there is rarely ever a time i find a fight boring.

like the poster above me wrote..

OP did u think rashad/bones was super fajne and zajebiste? cause it was interesting, but rather dull after 2.5 rounds. theres a good chance we see a repeat of that.. so, it could be boring for some fans. nie dla mnie, because there is rarely ever a time i find a fight boring.

"super fajne and zajebiste" :)P) maybe not, but Rashad is one of my fav fighters so I was at the edge of my seat the entire time. I was not bored at all.
I was just frustrated at times and disappointed that Rashad didn't want this belt.

Back