I don't know, Amy

I wouldn't care if any of my ex's died but I'm an evil, unfeeling, selfish, male.

Husband comes across as a douche talking about partying for his ex-wife's hypothetical death. He also comes across as a bit of a sociopath, having no empathy for his wife. Maybe she's holding too much of a candle for her ex, but emotions and grief are rarely rational.

i guess it depends on how much she’ll cry if her current husband croaks

if u ax me, death from overdose is not tragic or sad

It’s probably normal to be broken up over a person you had kids with. It’s kinda weird to think you’d throw a party over your own ex dying. Way to handle your hurt, bro.

Oh, a woman columnist blaming the man for everything? Shocker! Why in the absolute hell would the man "dial up" his emotions over his wife's ex? Would anybody on here be distraught if their wife' ex died of a drug overdose, especially if he was lifelong bag of shit who abandoned the kids you now care about?

The guy's first mistake was marrying a woman with kids from an in and out of prison junkie. Those women usually have a whole pile of white trash problems and are under no circumstances trustworthy. I could understand her feeling sad or weird for a day or 2, but if she's a depressed basket case over a guy that abandoned her and their kids and the marriage was not especially passionate, kind of sounds like the guy never "abandoned" her at all and was still banging her while the guy writing the letter was taking care of all the hard parts of the relationship. Though that wouldn't matter to this woman columnist either, cause she'd obviously blame the guy for the wife cheating too.

"I feel the opposite way about my ex-wife (mother of my kids). If she died, I would be throwing a huge party. I'd celebrate, not cry."

If that were true, then it sounds like the writer of the question has some bigger issues, himself. So many people like to think they'd be one way when they haven't been in a situation before, but they might surprise themselves.

Hell, if one of my exes from 20 years ago died, I'd be sad. I mean I wouldn't be sitting there for weeks depressed but this is someone you shared memories with and being sad is natural. Someone died, someone who was close to you. If you were sitting there throwing a party I'd think you had a little Patrick Bateman in you.

In fact, re-reading this guy's question, I think he is a bit of a dick. "Oh, this guy was in prison, this guy didn't pay child support, he was a piece of shit"...well aren't you Mr. Knight in shining armor, then...coming around to shit talk the kid's dad. I've dated women with kids and I would NEVER discuss their father no matter how bad I'd heard he was (and unless you KNOW the dude, it's still just hearsay), unless the kids brought him up. And even if they did, I'd listen and talk about their feelings about it, but NEVER talk about how I felt about the dude. You don't shit talk a kid's dad to the kid.

Sounds like the dude feels threatened and wants to be the only one in their lives, physically and mentally. Life doesn't work like that.
Where does it say he was shit talking the guy to the kids?

Last edited:
Marriage has been ok, they "make it work", her Ex dies and she is completely distraught?

She was still riding that D for sure. But hey, woman columnist, so it's your fault dude.....

We need some history here. Did she divorce her ex and why? The current husband is a real cuck who has been financially supporting the bitch. I hope he has a good relationship with the boy, divorces the bitch and the kid goes with him.

He didn't say he did, he was exaggerating the fact that he wouldn't be sad. I wouldn't cry if my ex fiance died, and we were planning a wedding just over a year ago. It would be an odd feeling for a minute, but I certainly wouldn't start sobbing and looking for support to cope from the girl I'm currently with. You probably shouldn't marry someone else if you're not over the last one.

Should be pumped his competition is out of the way.

The whole tone of the letter makes it seem like a shit marriage through and through

lmao @ that shit advice. Fuck Amy. Stupid cunt.

One of my all-time favorite books. Found it on my own in college. However you feel about the above, young bucks, you should read this-- it is packed with objective wisdom:

41NFZKAX82L._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

My best friends little sister died from a fentanyl overdose last year. I've known her brother since before she was born. It was devastating. I don't think he's ever going to get over it.

Back