I don't get this narrative that Romero's round 5 was a 10-8 round. Anyone else?

plz read the first sentence again.

"It doesnt matter how the other fights were scored"

"Ya well what about how the other fights were scored?!?"

Please read
How does it not matter though? Because you say so lol?? All fights are to be scored and judge by the same standards
So its literally does matter how other fights are scored especially when its the same card and same judges. People expect consistency.

Im rewatching this now, and I feel yoel was less dominant then I did when it was live. Whittaker comes out aggressive and lands some good shots, yoel hits a nice 1-2, Robert hits him more winning until yoel hits him clean at 1:30min into the round and swarms him lands about 12 gnp shots (about 30sec), Robert does a great job panic wrestling for a single leg mostly just taking shots to the ribs and shoulders (20 seconds go by here), is able to wrestle back to his feet (20sec again go by), yoel hits a knee puch combo, Romero takes his back against the cage lands two kicks to quad 2min here till the ref says enough stalling and starts them in the middle, Romero lands a weak shot, Robert hits a body kick that puts yoel down, they trade a robert jab for a yoel leg kick at the bell. It's decidedly a yoel round but no where near what would be a dominant 10-8 he basically has a great 30sec of the round, lost 1:30 of it, and had position without damage the rest. It's telling too that Rogan of all people says while Romero is just hugging him against the wall "Romero needs to finish"

It's only Yoel nuthuggers calling it a 10-8. Everyone else knows it was just a one point round.

Well considering 75% of media and people polled all think it was a draw or a win for Romero.... it would appear you are wrong.

Even though I wanted Whittaker to win and I'm happy with the decision, a 10-8 round is classified under the new rules as "A 10 – 8 Round in MMA is where one fighter wins the round by a large margin."

Meanwhile, a 10-9 is "A 10 – 9 Round in MMA is where one combatant wins the round by a close margin"

Going by that, Yoel got a 10-8 and we have a draw. It certainly wasn't a "close margin" round.

Im truly flabbergasted

Romero dropped Whittaker, and then the rest of the round was Whittaker holding on to a single, Romero riding the back, or both battling for position in the clinch

Where is this fake news coming from that Romero beat Whitaker from corner to corner while scoring multiple knockdowns?

Under no criteria was it a 10-8 round

It wasn't a round where a fighter had total and absolute full control from a very dominant position for the entirety of the round ala Shogun's round 5 against Hendo (Shogun was robbed of a DRAW)

It wasnt a round where a fighter was dropped numerous times and had an absolute striking clinic put on them ala Conor's massacre striking clinic on Nate in round 2 of their rematch (Conor was robbed blind of a clear cut dominant UD decision over Nate)

There was NOTHING about Romero's round 5 that ever consistuted a legit 10-8 round, no matter the criteria you try to use.

Just goes to show you how many were brainwashed by Rogan's insanely biased commentary

Remember, all MMA fights are scored round by round, so based on the actual scoring criteria, the only correct decision was Whittaker 48-47. Judges were actually bang on spot on with this fight. Super super super close fight, but a fight that Romero in no way deserved to actually win

For all the talk about 10-8s, how ABOUT WHITTAKER'S round 1. Whittaker out struck Romero in the numbers by some crazy amount in that round.
Only a totally blind nuthugger would say conor got a 10-8 in rnd 2 of their second fight. Yeah he got a knockdown and a faked knockdown but you dont get a 10-8 by turning your back and running 2 minutes into the round and getting your ass kicked for the last 90 seconds.
Also after a real knockdown the fighter on his back doesn't invite their opponent into their guard.

It's only Yoel nuthuggers calling it a 10-8. Everyone else knows it was just a one point round.
Well I'm not a Yoel nuthugger and I thought it should have been a 10-8 round.

I think many people didn't get tye memo that a 10-8 today, beginning within the past year, isn't the same as a 10-8 prior. The criteria was changed so that more 10-8 rounds would be given. Going by the criteria that the judges are supposed to use, it should have been a 10-8 round.

This reminds me of that time where Goldberg said ''It's 1-1'' in round 2 of Conor - Diaz 2 and people were actually arguing that it was a Nate round.

I can see the 10 - 8 but I'm okay with 10 - 9.

How does it not matter though? Because you say so lol?? All fights are to be scored and judge by the same standards
So its literally does matter how other fights are scored especially when its the same card and same judges. People expect consistency.

It doesnt matter because you score each fight objectively, it literally does not matter, it is not my fault you do not understanmd fallacies.

Probably cause you don't understand (or have never read) the new scoring rules.

It doesnt matter because you score each fight objectively, it literally does not matter, it is not my fault you do not understanmd fallacies.
you score each fight objectively under the same criteria. Which beckons the question. What in those fight warranted a 10-8 that wasnt in this? Top control is a 10-8 but nearly koing you opponent and having them in survival mode the whole round doesnt? Its not consistent.. or at the very least just doesnt make sense. and you saying its a different fight literally means fucking nothing. The fights literally have the same rules ans are judged by the same standard.

Youre acting like they are scoeing the figjts objectively but not under the same rules.. what youre saying is so fucking irrelevent

Too few 10-8 rounds overall but I when I was watching the fight I did not think any round was 10-8.

this is a problem with MMA. Judging is so subjective, and lately there seems to be too many BS decisions.

This is MMA, they should fight till someone gets finished.

Romero dropped him, out landed him by 30 strikes and did about 3 trip take downs while controlling 95% of the round

If thats not a 10-8 then I dont know what is
You just executed this thread

The rules desperately need to be changed. I think fights should always be viewed as a whole. You can't have the person doing the most damage, and coming close to ending the fight, also losing. I could care less who wins the rounds. I want to see the winner of the fight.

you score each fight objectively under the same criteria. Which beckons the question. What in those fight warranted a 10-8 that wasnt in this? Top control is a 10-8 but nearly koing you opponent and having them in survival mode the whole round doesnt? Its not consistent.. or at the very least just doesnt make sense. and you saying its a different fight literally means fucking nothing. The fights literally have the same rules ans are judged by the same standard.

Youre acting like they are scoeing the figjts objectively but not under the same rules.. what youre saying is so fucking irrelevent

"I cant get over something pointless that I dont realize it is actually hurting my orginal argument"

10-8 according to the NEW system I believe is the point being made.

"I cant get over something pointless that I dont realize it is actually hurting my orginal argument"
Its not though youre telling me the results of another fight doesnt matter even though all the fights are judged by literally the same rules. Looking at the fights objectively literally means nothing. Its the same rules and should be consistent

LOL are the Romero Booboo squad still going fpr gold?

Back