I don't get this narrative that Romero's round 5 was a 10-8 round. Anyone else?

Im truly flabbergasted

Romero dropped Whittaker, and then the rest of the round was Whittaker holding on to a single, Romero riding the back, or both battling for position in the clinch

Where is this fake news coming from that Romero beat Whitaker from corner to corner while scoring multiple knockdowns?

Under no criteria was it a 10-8 round

It wasn't a round where a fighter had total and absolute full control from a very dominant position for the entirety of the round ala Shogun's round 5 against Hendo (Shogun was robbed of a DRAW)

It wasnt a round where a fighter was dropped numerous times and had an absolute striking clinic put on them ala Conor's massacre striking clinic on Nate in round 2 of their rematch (Conor was robbed blind of a clear cut dominant UD decision over Nate)

There was NOTHING about Romero's round 5 that ever consistuted a legit 10-8 round, no matter the criteria you try to use.

Just goes to show you how many were brainwashed by Rogan's insanely biased commentary

Remember, all MMA fights are scored round by round, so based on the actual scoring criteria, the only correct decision was Whittaker 48-47. Judges were actually bang on spot on with this fight. Super super super close fight, but a fight that Romero in no way deserved to actually win

For all the talk about 10-8s, how ABOUT WHITTAKER'S round 1. Whittaker out struck Romero in the numbers by some crazy amount in that round.

Of course it was a 10-8. Of course Romero won.

But it’s close enough that I don’t really care. Thems the breaks.

Plus good fight.

Im truly flabbergasted

Romero dropped Whittaker, and then the rest of the round was Whittaker holding on to a single, Romero riding the back, or both battling for position in the clinch

Where is this fake news coming from that Romero beat Whitaker from corner to corner while scoring multiple knockdowns?

It wasn't a round where a fighter had total and absolute full control from a very dominant position for the entirety of the round ala Shogun's round 5 against Hendo (Shogun was robbed of a DRAW)

It wasnt a round where a fighter was dropped numerous times and had an absolute striking clinic put on them ala Conor's massacre striking clinic on Nate in round 2 of their rematch (Conor was robbed blind of a clear cut dominant UD decision over Nate)

There was NOTHING about Romero's round 5 that ever consistuted a legit 10-8 round, no matter the criteria you try to use.

Just goes to show you how many were brainwashed by Rogan's insanely biased commentary

Remember, all MMA fights are scored round by round, so based on the actual scoring criteria, the only correct decision was Whittaker 48-47. Judges were actually bang on spot on with this fight. Super super super close fight, but a fight that Romero in no way deserved to actually win

For all the talk about 10-8s, how ABOUT WHITTAKER'S round 1. Whittaker out struck Romero in the numbers by some crazy amount in that round.

The arguement is tjat michael jackson got a 10-8 and the womans fight had a judges score a 10-8. Its inconsistent with what we saw that night.

It’s just Yoel fans trying to find a way to justify him losing the decision.

You see this a lot on here. People are quick to give out 10-8s if their fighter needs one.

I just can't decide if TS is a dedicated troll or really doesn't know any better. Consistently uninformed/biased/delusional posts.

Im truly flabbergasted

You’re right OP

Whittakers round 1 and 2 were just as decisive as Romero’s round 4 and 5 And should be scored evenly

Lmao

New rules were in effect. It was clearly a 10-8.

I personally didn’t score it a 10-8 but I can totally see why some would. Think that it could have been scored either way. Third was a 10-9. Rob was dropped but mounted good offense. I would have been fine with a draw, also fine with 48-47 Whittaker. I think that while Romero came closest to finishing the fight he lost 1,2, &4.

Dominance is 10-8. Near stoppage is 10-7. Would have been happy with either scoring. 10-9 is impossible

Watch round 5 without commentary - dont reply unless you've actually done this. Its definitely a 10-9 round to Romero. Could be a 10-8 but its definitely closer to a 10-9.

I did not see the fight and don't want to watch it now, since I know the result obviously.

but from I red and heard from you guys I am kind of disappointed. Dana was asked a really good question at the post fight press conference. Was that a 10-8 round and if not, then what is a 10-8 round? he only said that was a 10-9 round to him, but did not bother to answer the second part of the question. I know, it is not his job to score a fight, but it looks like a lot of people actually don't know anything about the scoring system or how it should be used.

I've been repeating this all over and over again, that more 10-8 and 10-10 rounds should be used. I am affraid that with this kind of attitude there will be no progress, but we will see more and more BS decisions.

At least we'll still have some reason to be mad.

It could have been one but Yoel was so tired himself by that time he had nothing left to finish it.
Even if it had been a 10-8, it would have still only given him a majority draw.

Like a lot of scoring in MMA fights, it's debatable. I don't think, personally, it warranted a 10/8 but I get the argument.

So Conor’s round 2 was a 10-8 despite that at the end he was in survival mode.

Lmfao

I thought that to lol. If round 5 is a 10-8 how ain't 1.

Romero did absolutely nothing in that round ffs.
Because MMA shouldn’t be judged as point karate. Romero marched right through that wimpy shit in round 1, but Whittaker was flopping around like a fish when Romero landed his bombs in round 5. Is it really that hard to comprehend?

I did not see the fight and don't want to watch it now, since I know the result obviously.

but from I red and heard from you guys I am kind of disappointed. Dana was asked a really good question at the post fight press conference. Was that a 10-8 round and if not, then what is a 10-8 round? he only said that was a 10-9 round to him, but did not bother to answer the second part of the question. I know, it is not his job to score a fight, but it looks like a lot of people actually don't know anything about the scoring system or how it should be used.

I've been repeating this all over and over again, that more 10-8 and 10-10 rounds should be used. I am affraid that with this kind of attitude there will be no progress, but we will see more and more BS decisions.

At least we'll still have some reason to be mad.
100%

I know the arguement you are trying to make but the problem is that one of those rounds he competely turtled up and wasn't even fighting back he just was doing that thing where the only place open is the back of the head. One of the rounds he really didn't fight back. He got back up and then was almost tkod along the fence
No. He fought back in both rounds. He got dropped near the 2:30 Mark of round 5. You cant ignore all the offence Whittaker scored with against Yoel prior to being dropped.

I didn't watch it live and after hearing about it I assumed it was going to be a lot more brutal than it was. I kind of wanted him to rock him just 1 more time to really confidently call it a 10 - 8. There was like a whole minute where Yoel just held him.

Romero dropped him, out landed him by 30 strikes and did about 3 trip take downs while controlling 95% of the round

If thats not a 10-8 then I dont know what is

>95%

this is where you lose all credibility little sherdogger, you were doing so well :(

The arguement is tjat michael jackson got a 10-8 and the womans fight had a judges score a 10-8. Its inconsistent with what we saw that night.

its doesnt matter how other fights were scored, you judgeevery fight objectively, thats rule numbher one.

It was a close fight that could have gone either way, so they gave it to Whitaker.

Back