I don't get the Seagal hate

More from Quadros - "I kind of steered clear of him for the most part. But one time he came on the set and started walking right towards me. I thought,

wWTnrZh.jpg

So much talent

legitimacy* lol
Anderson has never debunked it, and has spoken very highly of him.
Whether or not he's just being respectful (while not learning shit) is unknown. Even if Seagal didn't have anything applicable to teach you for your upcoming fight, he does have a lot of obscure martial arts knowledge and techniques, which any MMA nerd or enthusiast would love to absorb.
All this said, he's a running joke on here.

*puts on yellow glasses*
*enters slo-mo seagal-vision*

"I could tell that this thread was full of thirsty fanboys, and i will let them suckle from my supple bosom, and reap the delicious spoils that come."
-Seagal

Thanks for the reply and correction. This Segal thing is so odd. A lot about him just screams fake, but then we also have great fighters seemingly willing to take lessons from him. One doing so on the eve of his title fight. Surely Steven has to have something to offer to warrant the respect from these guys.

Thanks for the reply and correction. This Segal thing is so odd. A lot about him just screams fake, but then we also have great fighters seemingly willing to take lessons from him. One doing so on the eve of his title fight. Surely Steven has to have something to offer to warrant the respect from these guys.

It would be quite an idiotic move to spend the final hours before a title fight with a joke just to keep winding up MMA fans wouldn't it.

It would be quite an idiotic move to spend the final hours before a title fight with a joke just to keep winding up MMA fans wouldn't it.

Is it really a gag? I would think DC as a serious competitor wouldn't waste his time on that sort of thing.

Who wouldn't he fuck up in here?

Anyone who is young and has some grapping and striking background. He'd have trouble with plenty of people in here the dude is 62 years old and looks to weigh over 300 pounds right now..

Yeah, he clearly has something to offer.
I think the guys take his buffoonery outside of martial arts with a grain of salt.

He is frowned upon because he doesn't seem humble. He acts like he is god's gift to combat sports. He's good but even if he was that good he shouldn't walk around with his nose in the air about it.

It's the Internet.

It's all about HATE.....and insults.....and talking tough......oh and HATE.

Doesn't matter the topic....doesn't matter the website.....doesn't matter the celebrity...

...it's all about the HATE in today's internet world.

Have you seen him shoot? Fucking guy is surgical with a 1911. The tv program he had on a couple of years ago showed him shooting. Not sure if he is "hard to kill", but the mother fucker can shoot a handgun.

Is it really a gag? I would think DC as a serious competitor wouldn't waste his time on that sort of thing.

If he's a serious contender and he's spending time with Seagal the day before his fight, he might have something to offer him that may be unique.
Seagal is a douche, but it can only help to hear another perspective or unique stance on how to approach a certain opponent.
There's plenty of guys that have wrestling and boxing experience, (kickboxing, muay-thai, BJJ, judo as well)...Aikido is a bit on the obscure and different side.
If i'm not mistaken, Aikidio is big on using an opponents attacks and forward momentum against them, as well as joint manipulation. Maybe that's hapkido...too much Seagal on the brain.

Pure jealousy

Have you seen him shoot? Fucking guy is surgical with a 1911. The tv program he had on a couple of years ago showed him shooting. Not sure if he is "hard to kill", but the mother fucker can shoot a handgun.

Yeah, this is true. Really tight grouping.
That show was a steaming pile of dogshit lol, but the guy is a marksman.

Back