I dont drink enough water!!

VegasFighter**

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I just cant bring myself to drink that much. I'll have one, maybe 2 16oz bottles a day. But usually i find myself drinking Ariznoa green tea.

Is that really bad for me? I mean, i lost a grip of weight in the time i've been training. my diet's changed completely, and i've been wokring out.

just dont like water.

You may not like it but it is essential. I cannot remember where I read it (may be bullshit), but the sedentary body needs something like six glasses of water a day. Obviously shitloads more if you do anything physical at all. Tea is not that great since it has caffeine and can act as a diuretic. Try some flavored water or just suck it up.

I remember what they told us in the Marines. "If you're not pissing clear, you're wrong." Some drinks like soda and coffee and beer will effect the color though.

Crystal Light icead teas are about the next best thing you can get. But water is just a fundamental of life. There's no getting around that no matter what way you try.

People mix in crystal light (in powder form) or cranberry juice into the water to add a little flavor. I always carry around a full 1 liter bottle and sip on it all day. Thats the only way I can make sure I drink a gallon a day.

Drinking water has its benefits too. Your skin will look better. Your body will be less bloated if you're bloated at all. The list goes on.

Yeah, make yourself drink it. I used to not be that big of a fan of water but about 5 years ago i made myself keep drinking it and now it is my favorite. It will make you feel great if you just drink a lot. If you think the green tea stimulates your metabolism drink way more water. Water is water but my favorite is FIJI, you should try it. If it's any consollation there is a guy i work with that doesn't drink water one or two glasses a day and has a lot of health problems and smells like piss when he walks past you.

You will have kidney problems later on if you don't, possibly kidney stones...ouch

Try Hydro Force, i just placed a order for some from B/N to help me stay hydrated.

Anyone else tried Hydro Force, give me a review of what they think of it?

Don't drink Arizona. They sweeten the shit out of their teas. That green tea you're drinking is as loaded as your average cola. I think they add sodium, too. Couldn't be worse for you.

Also, the first poster pointed out something important: tea is a diuretic. So if you're already having problems staying properly hydrated, tea is actually on your list of enemies.

of course its bad to drink to little, but I believe its a trend drinking water all the time.. I havent seen any studies that shown that drinking much is good for you. Just a waste of time running to the toilet all the time. IMO Drink a shitload before and after training, besides that, just drinking when youre thirsty is enough.

I used to be like this. Then, one day I drank shitloads of water the whole day, then went training. I was a different man, and the next day I was much less sore than normally.

Have a bottle of water on your desk, or near your workplace. Drink it all the time. Refill as needed. You will notice a difference.

The thing about transparent urine is true, I also use it as a litmus test.

Yeh I had the same problem but I feel so much better now that all I drink is mainly water with some green tea on occasions. I drink close to a gallon a day. I know some people who drink 1.5 to 2 gallons a day. All I know is that I pee too damn much lol.

Living in Las Vegas you are sweating even when you dont think you are then top that off with training you are losing alot of water. I drink 2 gallons of water a day it is a pain in the ass but I know I lose alot just walking around let alon training. I mix my water in a gallon jug with peach crystal lite and it is not bad and has no calories to speak off and no sodium at all and no sugar either. You got to keep hydrated to keep performance up.

Madmick said:
Don't drink Arizona. They sweeten the shit out of their teas. That green tea you're drinking is as loaded as your average cola. I think they add sodium, too. Couldn't be worse for you.

Also, the first poster pointed out something important: tea is a diuretic. So if you're already having problems staying properly hydrated, tea is actually on your list of enemies.

I think tea is still OK. Whatever helps you consume more liquid. People talk all the time about caffeine being a diuretic and therefour should not be consumed to hydrate or during exercise. While it is true caffeine is a diuretic, it is only a very mild one. Just for comparison, see how much you piss after a few cups of tea or coffee and compare it to after a few beers, now alcohol, that is a diuretic.

I think especially with tea, you are not geting the same amount of fluid as if it was pure water, but overall you have a net hydration. I believe it is the same for coffee.

Also, any of cafffeines diuretic effects are not evident during exercise, so therefore it is also fine to take while working out. Because of the persons increase in pain tolerance and its glycogen sparring effects (helps you utilze fats for energy instead of sugar) it has been actually recommeded for endurance training (by the ACSM I believe).

For the main poster, drink when thirsty, and then a bit more. Its not hard to open your mouth and pour in some water. Just make a consious effort to do it.

Madmick said:

:icon_idea

Lard-ass said:
of course its bad to drink to little, but I believe its a trend drinking water all the time.. I havent seen any studies that shown that drinking much is good for you. Just a waste of time running to the toilet all the time. IMO Drink a shitload before and after training, besides that, just drinking when youre thirsty is enough.

I did a report on this last year. By the time you feel thirsty, your body is close to 30% dehydration. Not a trend. Drink it whenever you can.

Also start drinking water with your meals. I try to drink at least 8 ounces of water with every meal. It will aid in digestion too.

Madmick said:

Arizona green tea is not as near "loaded" as your average cola. Cola has anywhere from 42-53 grams of sugar on average per 12 ounce can. A tall can of Arizona only has 17 grams of sugar, which is 24 ounces. Although it should not be a base liquid just wanted to point out it is full of antioxidant's and is not near as bad as cola.

Lard-ass said:

The body's thirst mechanism isn't all that efficient. When you start to feel thirsty you are already in the beginning stages of dehyrdration. If you are staying properly hydrated you shouldn't be feeling thirsty at all. IMO if you are an athlete you should be pissing clear.

STILL LIFE said:
Arizona green tea is not as near "loaded" as your average cola. Cola has anywhere from 42-53 grams of sugar on average per 12 ounce can. A tall can of Arizona only has 17 grams of sugar, which is 24 ounces. Although it should not be a base liquid just wanted to point out it is full of antioxidant's and is not near as bad as cola.

true the green tea is your safest bet if you must have sugar in your drinks or gatorade and powerade but*** the Arizona can has about 3-4 servings making that 17 grams 17times 3 or 4

no it is not 17 grams in 24 ounces....it's 17 grams in every 8oz. which is a serving according to dietary information labels.....so per can it's more than it says

Back