I don't blame Woodley for being frightened of Wonderboy

ARONAbeetFEDOR

Blackest Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I'm sure he's aware that he is no match for him. Better to get at least one winnable title defense against a needle mover, rather than get completely smoked a few months after winning the belt.

I think he just wants the Diaz payday. Woodley isn't scared of anything.

He wants to make alot of money

I don't think that the UFC will allow Tyron to duck Thompson though.

I think he's really playing up how people were looking past him. On fox after the prelims, wonderboy said he wants lawler next and didn't even acknowledge he was fighting hours later against woodley. Most didn't give any respect to the notion that lawler wouldn't be champion right now.

After seeing what Wonderboy did to both Rory and Hendricks, does anyone want to fight him right now? I'm sure Maia would be willing to.

I'm sure he's aware that he is no match for him. Better to get at least one winnable title defense against a needle mover, rather than get completely smoked a few months after winning the belt.
He's a FIGHTER TS. No way he thinks like that.

Money is his prime motivation. As it should be, considering the climate of fighter of pay.

Woodley will fight Thompson. Eventually.

He's thinking with his wallet which is understandable.

I can hardly blame the fighters for vying for money fights. But if the UFC honors it, then that could be bad.

Glad common sense is prevailing in this thread, instead of the juvenile bullshit the TS is trying to force.

Just doesn't want to fight someone who runs the whole fight HEHEHEHEH

I don't think he can avoid wonderboy. Cute callout of an inactive fighter but at the end of the day he will probably be a one and done champion. Still a great accomplishment given the landscape.

Let the sly "I hate that Tyron Woodley is champ" threads come.

TS is that also why Cruz wanted to fight Faber again and is now ducking Dillashaw? Frightened?

I don't think he's afraid of Wonderboy beating the hell out of him(which would almost certainly happen), but he's definitely afraid of Wonderboy taking the belt from him and making him look like he's not even in the same league(which would also almost certainly happen). He should be fighting Stephen, and if he actually wins he should fight Maia. You don't become champ (after a pretty mediocre run no less) and then get to handpick every opponent. It's pretty sad we've gone from Lawler being willing to fight anyone, to this. I'm not even interested in Woodley vs GSP or Woodley vs Nick. I want to see Thompson get a title shot, because right now he's one of the most exciting guys in the division.

I think he just wants the Diaz payday. Woodley isn't scared of anything.

He only fears Rory and his hypnotic hand movement's.

method=get&s=tyron-woodley-rory-macdonald-gif.gif

I wouldn't blame Woodley IF he were in fact afraid of Wonderboy. I'd be afraid of every UFC fighter! I think given that Woodley has decided to pursue a career where he directly intersects with said fighters in a cage I doubt he shares the same level of concern as me. Just a hunch, though.

I can hardly blame the fighters for vying for money fights. But if the UFC honors it, then that could be bad.

This. The precedent has already been set for stupid title fights in the UFC but if they allow a guy who just won the title to pick his own opponent in his first title defense then they are sinking to a whole new level. It's even worse considering Nick Diaz hasn't won a fight in 4 years and Wonderboy has won 7 fights in a row in the UFC.

What the fuck is the correlation between Diaz and "big money fights"

no one knows who they are outside of hardcores

When Conor does this crap, people go apeshit and start talking about "ahh Mystic Mac is at it again".

He predicted his victory and asked for money, to me he's just emulating Conor. To you he's ducking a possible opponent after he just throttled Lawler?

Back