I don't believe for one second anyone says Brock

gspfedkobe24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Who ever says they didn't love watching Brock Lesnar in the Octagon either hates MMA or is liar. If Brock came back today and headlined a PPV he would do better numbers then a Conor McGregor card co headlined by Ronda. Lets just be honest no one has really carried the torch after Brock gave MMA a huge jump........

Conor + Ronda > Brock in terms of numbers it seems. I think Cain beat some of that PPV stardom out of Lesnar.

brock was a huge draw, but damn his head reminds me of a potato

Couldn't care for Lesnar when he started MMA, but I admit that he grew on me.

I would welcome his return, but I don't think it's going to happen.

I didn't love watching Brock fight.

Come at me bro

i dont give a shit about draws or what casuals want.

Part of Brock's draw was his mystique. He needed to be that monster, and that was part of his success.

I think the Carwin fight dented that mystique, then he was totally exposed by Cain. Then they made a huge mistake by putting him on TUF. He got smashed by Overeem later, and it wasn't even a huge PPV.

UFC 189 and UFC 190 beat UFC 141 on PPV. I think if Brock returned he'd be a big deal again and he'd beat the numbers he did against Overeem, but he'd need to return and be that monster again to sustain big PPV numbers. A card headlined by both a Conor fight and a Rousey fight would likely beat a card headlined by Lesnar/Mir 3.

Nah, I always thought he was talented, but I also thought that he isn't the best HW in the UFC and Dana wants to protect him by letting him fight a guy like Carwin or Mir at 116 instead of giving Junior or Cain the shot.

45WW0wy.gif

Hell, I'd prefer watching him over Wonda Wousey. I seriously miss him at the heavyweights. Passive f-ing division. Annoying. With all the respect, it sucks harder now than it did during the Strikeforce days (whom had the better HW fighters).

Hell yea,Brock's PPVs were always epic. Got waaay more pumped compared to when honda fights.

This is not your diary to you vomit whatever shit you are thinking at the moment you clown. Shut up.

I am a wrestler, I have competed at a fairly decent level. I didn't care at all about him, he was a phenomenal athlete, but whole "baddest man on the planet" caption, I didn't buy it, really? A guy who clearly lacked the fundamentals of fighting, was supposed to be the baddest man on the planet? I don't lite or hate mma.

Nah, I always thought he was talented, but I also thought that he isn't the best HW in the UFC and Dana wants to protect him by letting him fight a guy like Carwin or Mir at 116 instead of giving Junior or Cain the shot.

Giving him Carwin was protecting him?

He was undefeated and no one had got out of the first round with him! He'd just done this to Mir and Gonzaga, I wouldn't call the Carwin fight protecting the champ.

Carwin had ungodly power and the wrestling to keep it standing.

14b4aic1.jpg

gonzaga-carwin-3.gif

When the fight was booked Cain was coming off a competitive decision over Congo and a beating of Rothwell although I think that stoppage was a bit questionable.

JDS last two wins at the time were Gilbert Yvel and Gonzaga so you gotta say Carwin deserved it.

I hespect lesnar. Not my favorite but he's a monster

Giving him Carwin was protecting him?

He was undefeated and no one had got out of the first round with him! He'd just done this to Mir and Gonzaga, I wouldn't call the Carwin fight protecting the champ.

14b4aic1.jpg

gonzaga-carwin-3.gif

When the fight was booked Cain was coming off a competitive decision over Congo and a beating of Rothwell although I think that stoppage was a bit questionable.

JDS last two wins at the time were Gilbert Yvel and Gonzaga so you gotta say Carwin deserved it.

Man 111 was a badass card, watched it a BWW with my ex and some friends. I miss 2010 MMA and that girl, damn.

He wouldnt do mega numbers now.His ppv power dropped after he got destroyed by cain and overeem .Though id love to see him fight again

Back