I don’t think Shoguns BJJ was very impressive:

Randleman didn't know how to defend an arm bar. He was very bad by today's standards.

Yes, today's epic HW grappling artists like Derrick Lewis, Jair, Walt Harris.....

View attachment 721847

<36>

This place has no fucking chill. Chat shit about Shogun and immediately get popped with a swift 1-2.

Did I mention I fucking love it though?

<21>
Damn straight. Ts is just baiting to see how much shogun fans are still left. Well let me put it to you this way ts.
You are unimpressive fat boy that likes to roll in cow manure.

but it gave us this gem

20130817_jla_bt1_507.0.jpg

I am a Shogun fan and when this fight happened I felt like someone had shot me in the face haha

Yeah let's see Shogun's grappling against an ADCC Absolute World Champion:

iRcP9iMZI076q_medium.gif

Beat me to it

I mean, Arona is merely an undefeated 3x gold ADCC winner who's never lost a single point in his career...

Shale ran through his guard like a hot knife through butter.

yes. That’s Kevin Randleman. A legendary but 0.5 fighter.

Yeah, I loved Randleman because he was a wildcard but tapping a headstrong wrestler isn’t all that. It’s surviving a standing head & arm without being tossed on your skull that’s an achievement against him.

Beat me to it

I mean, Arona is merely an undefeated 3x gold ADCC winner who's never lost a single point in his career...
Yeah but Arona came into that fight looking pretty gassed.

machida would sub you in a second ts.

Yeah but Arona came into that fight looking pretty gassed.

Maybe. But Arona took virtually zero damage spending 15 mins laying on Wand, Shogun had a ~7 min battle with Reem that was fought at a pretty frenetic pace. Arona/Wand was also before Shogun/Reem, so Arona had more time to rest

Maybe. But Arona took virtually zero damage spending 15 mins laying on Wand, Shogun had a ~7 min battle with Reem that was fought at a pretty frenetic pace. Arona/Wand was also before Shogun/Reem, so Arona had more time to rest
Yeah I know. Just sayin I always thought Arona looked really off in that fight.

If you aren't impressed, you should watch more of his fights.

His BJJ was great.

He neglected it at times to appease the JBG

<{JustBleed}>

Yeah let's see Shogun's grappling against an ADCC Absolute World Champion:

iRcP9iMZI076q_medium.gif

This, but of course lots of people these days don't know who Arona is.

He also landed a nice helicopter sweep against Machida if I remember right.

Back