I don’t think Shoguns BJJ was very impressive:

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
34259C1B-1422-0E8C-9A713F2415E888BD.jpg

upload_2020-2-3_17-9-57.jpeg

He was getting owned on the mat by Forrest. He was getting Omoplata’d and almost triangled and eventually RNCd.

submitted by Babalu as well. He couldn’t submit Coleman which should have been an easy submission victory.

Just haven’t seen anything very impressive on the mat from Shogun.

You're not very impressive

Last edited:
His grappling style seemed to rely on creating wild scrambles and capitalizing and early on he had the athelticism to do so.

Probably why he got mauled by Jones, a guy with insane control and more athletic.

His background and specialty is Muy Thai

Well Shogun thinks you're a casual.

His sweeps from guard to omoplata where he elected to stand up were amazing. He reversed Ricardo Arona seconds before smashing his face in.

Fuck outta here

D5E388D0-8FCE-4B64-B9D4-718D82B85DAD.jpeg

<36>

This place has no fucking chill. Chat shit about Shogun and immediately get popped with a swift 1-2.

Did I mention I fucking love it though?

<21>

Last edited:
Agreed, at this stage in their careers even cm punk would submit him I think.

We mostly live on when he took caught Arona in an omo plata for the reversal (then proceeded to stomp him out)

It’s still real to us dammit

Shogun’s roll to guard is world-class. He used it endlessly throughout his career, making pinning him or passing his guard extremely difficult, & exceptionally rare.

That’s just one example. Shogun’s jiujitsu style in MMA has always been primarily defensive, & position-based, hence easily overlooked or underrated by the relatively untrained eye.

His sweeps from guard to omoplata where he elected to stand up were amazing. He reversed Ricardo Arona seconds before smashing his face in.

Fuck outta here

This. End this fucking thread

Yeah let's see Shogun's grappling against an ADCC Absolute World Champion:

iRcP9iMZI076q_medium.gif

Back