I dislike DJ but i had him winning that fight

I'm not sure who I really thought won...but, I knew the judges were going to give henry the win..I knew those takedowns were going to be counted high...and henry was the aggressor through out. but neither fighter really landed all that much...dj landed so good leg kicks but not really much else...
The new rules were implemented. The TDs should not have been scored anywhere near as high as they appeared to be. Especially with little to no damage resulting from them.

i rooted for Cejudo to dethrone him, but this is not how you dethrone a champion.

i dont know if i would even give one round to henry, ok he did take him down a few times, but DJ got up and reversed the position almost every time..Henry couldnt do shit on the floor... IMO thats not how you win a fight, let alone a championship fight.
Cool story bro

The new rules were implemented. The TDs should not have been scored anywhere near as high as they appeared to be. Especially with little to no damage resulting from them.

I agree...but the takedown itself is probably scored like a big strike...other than that, nobody really landed all that much of significance...

Nonsense. Pure Manlet talk.

Cejudo CLEARLY won rounds 2,4, and 5

DJ got PLAYED at his own game... Decision spamming till he turns it up at the end of a fight. Cejudo fought through a rolled ankle in the first, picked key moments when to rack up points on Mouse, and went after it late in the fight.

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

Cejudo actually fought through a damaged leg in round 1, which was caused by a leg kick that DJ landed.

DJ continued to land powerful leg kicks all fight, and his strikes left Cejudo with a bruised and cut face.

Cejudo did nowhere near as much damage from his takedowns.

I would score for MM based on damage, Cejudo on points if we're counting takedowns, top control and significant strikes as equally important.

I think Dj landed much more significantly and consistently, and clearly did more damage. Cejudo had the takedowns and control, but he didn't do a whole lot with them to be honest. Extremely close fight, but I think DJ took it. Not a robbery either way.

DJ got robbed.

Not only did he outstruck Cejudo but Cejudo’s 3 takedowns led to absolutely nothing.

I have no problem with the opinion that Johnson won, though I thought Cejudo edged it. Close fight.

But didn't Mighty Mouse himself claim that he tore his LCL in one of the grappling exchanges with Cejudo? If so, it's hard to say absolutely nothing came of Cejudo's takedowns. No doubt Cejudo did not posture up and land any significant ground and pound at all. But having a guy toss you around is also violent and it can lead to physical damage, which may have been the case here.

I would score for MM based on damage, Cejudo on points if we're counting takedowns, top control and significant strikes as equally important.
Same point. If DJ really had a torn or strained LCL and a broken foot, as he said he thought in the psot fight press conference, then Cejudo got the best of the damage.

DJ did win the other guy is horrendously boring and the only thing fascinating about him is his enormous bobble head.

I'm pretty meh on DJ, but he won the fight, no doubt.

Nonsense. Pure Manlet talk.

Cejudo CLEARLY won rounds 2,4, and 5

DJ got PLAYED at his own game... Decision spamming till he turns it up at the end of a fight. Cejudo fought through a rolled ankle in the first, picked key moments when to rack up points on Mouse, and went after it late in the fight.

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

DJ has finished 16 of is 27 wins. Cejudo didn't land on the feet or on the ground. He got picked apart. MMA judging is still in the stone ages, where whoever gets the takedown, wins the round, regardless of damage. That's point fighting.

I thought it was an even fight. Sucks for MM, he had an injury, but that's how the game goes. Im sure one of his opponents had an injury in his title defenses. Sometimes judges may see takedowns and walking someone down as control. I thought niether were doing damage really.

I may need to re-watch the fight, but Cejudo had IMO more octagon control time and was the aggressor more while MM was backpedalling.

The way I see it MM landed more leg kicks but I give the edge to Cejudo on aggression and punches. I think Cejudos TDs > MMs Leg Kicks and the judges got it right imo.

I have no problem with the opinion that Johnson won, though I thought Cejudo edged it. Close fight.

But didn't Mighty Mouse himself claim that he tore his LCL in one of the grappling exchanges with Cejudo? If so, it's hard to say absolutely nothing came of Cejudo's takedowns. No doubt Cejudo did not posture up and land any significant ground and pound at all. But having a guy toss you around is also violent and it can lead to physical damage, which may have been the case here.

Cejudo landed 3 takedowns, DJ landed 1. How does that get Cejudo the fight when he was completely outstruck?

Cejudo landed 3 takedowns, DJ landed 1. How does that get Cejudo the fight when he was completely outstruck?
I think the timing of the takedowns within different rounds comes into play. The takedowns occurred in the rounds in which the striking was the closest. I also think the grappling was more heavily in Cejudo's favor than the stat line of 3-1 takedowns would suggest.

If you think Johnson won, I can see the reasoning. I thought it was a close fight and I thought Cejudo won 2,4,5. But I can see an argument where Johnson won every or nearly every round.

DJ got PLAYED at his own game... Decision spamming till he turns it up at the end of a fight.
It's insane that there's still people who think DJ is a decisionator.
I mean on top of many finishes before the championship rounds, he TKO'd Cejudo in the first.

I loved DJ's scrambles.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Cejudo already ducking the MM rematch as well. You can’t give MM a rematch after 11 title defenses?? Cejudo can run but he can’t hide for long.

i rooted for Cejudo to dethrone him, but this is not how you dethrone a champion.

i dont know if i would even give one round to henry, ok he did take him down a few times, but DJ got up and reversed the position almost every time..Henry couldnt do shit on the floor... IMO thats not how you win a fight, let alone a championship fight.

Back