I dislike DJ but i had him winning that fight

Chitaouri

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i rooted for Cejudo to dethrone him, but this is not how you dethrone a champion.

i dont know if i would even give one round to henry, ok he did take him down a few times, but DJ got up and reversed the position almost every time..Henry couldnt do shit on the floor... IMO thats not how you win a fight, let alone a championship fight.

dj's so good he even makes the winner look bad.

Nonsense. Pure Manlet talk.

Cejudo CLEARLY won rounds 2,4, and 5

DJ got PLAYED at his own game... Decision spamming till he turns it up at the end of a fight. Cejudo fought through a rolled ankle in the first, picked key moments when to rack up points on Mouse, and went after it late in the fight.

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

I think at first the shock of seeing D.J get taken down multiple times muddled my judgement, on second review I had it for D.J. Just one of those fights that needs a 3rd.

It was close wouldn't care if it went either way or a draw, think lots just wanted to see him lose kinda like Anderson

DJ got robbed.

Not only did he outstruck Cejudo but Cejudo’s 3 takedowns led to absolutely nothing. And DJ landed a takedown of his own so no idea why those 3 takedowns were so meaningful to the judges.

Joke decision.

When it's this close....the champ should always remain champ.

I agree but they dislike DJ for not giving them the fight they want so they totally bend reality.

Everone in the world wanted mighty duck to kick a can.

I had it for DJ and thought it would be a Split for DJ..I can see the other way though.

DJ got robbed.

Not only did he outstruck Cejudo but Cejudo’s 3 takedowns led to absolutely nothing. And DJ landed a takedown of his own so no idea why those 3 takedowns were so meaningful to the judges.

Joke decision.

>Cejudos TDs did nothing

Kinda like Manlet Mouses spam kicking huh?

<seedat>

thats not how you win a fight, let alone a championship fight.
Agreed. I don't like to see the belt change hands on razor close decisions...

As a great man once said - to be the man you gotta BEAT the man..

<20>

K-Flow may of said it first..

Ya especially after Whitaker got to keep his belt after having Romero
Agreed. I don't like to see the belt change hands on razor close decisions...

As a great man once said - to be the man you gotta BEAT the man..

<20>

K-Flow may of said it first..

Sometimes even BEATING the man isnt enough. See Romero vs Whitaker 2.

I thought it was pretty close. Had no idea who would take it. Was a pretty even scrap. I Thought maybe it was going to be a legit draw. Neither fighter hurt the other. One of those fights where both guys are still going hard at last bell and wished we had a few more rounds to settle it. Once it goes to judges anything can happen. I didn't feel like it was a bad decision. It was just a lackluster way for a champ to lose. DJ has no one to blame but himself.

Either way, It is kinda good for the division. A fierce rivalry was made. We need a rematch. DJ deserves it.

Last edited:
>Cejudos TDs did nothing

Kinda like Manlet Mouses spam kicking huh?

<seedat>

Kicks do damage and Cejudo was clearly feeling the effects of those kicks in the opening rounds, holding a guy down does nothing. Especially after he got up from the majority of his takedowns. Might want to actually make a relevant point before using that image again. But MMA scoring is dogshit and makes no sense, especially with such intangible and obtuse qualities like "control" counting for points.

I'm a big fan of DJ, but the loss is squarely on his shoulders. Perhaps if he spent a little less time playing Fortnite, PUBG, and Twitch streaming, and more time in the gym working on take down defense knowing he was facing a world class grappler, things would have gone a bit different.

Kicks do damage and Cejudo was clearly feeling the effects of those kicks in the opening rounds, holding a guy down does nothing. Especially after he got up from the majority of his takedowns. Might want to actually make a relevant point before using that image again. But MMA scoring is dogshit and makes no sense, especially with such intangible and obtuse qualities like "control" counting for points.
What's the point of kicks that effect mobility if you don't capitalize on the deficit?

It's the same argument.

What's the point of a takedown if you don't strike or attempt submissions?

There's a reason it was a split decision, it's because it was hard to call. I could see either fighter winning and wouldn't call foul.

I like da mouse and I had him winning.

Not a huge Romero fan but had him winning too.

Watch the fight again m8.

Round 2 ended with Cejudo on TOP sprawled over Manlet Mouse throwing knees and body shots.

Round 4 ended with Cejudo on TOP blasting MM with GnP.

Round 5 ended with MM running away (out of all things) after getting taken down, with Cejudo pressuring with aggression and power punches.

I’m a big critic of the scoring system, BUT the scoring for this fight was SPOT ON. MM was played at his own game.

Back