I disagree with Rogan about Lequeen James......

Theproof

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
CraftyFaithfulAnhinga-size_restricted.gif

Being an A-Level athlete means nothing when you are a pure bitch-blood.

I agree. LeBald is a pussy and Chowder would make him his wife.

Lebron's a flopper. It's a serious issue in the NBA these days, almost as bad as soccer.

But that has nothing to do with whether or not he'd be a good fighter. With his off-the-charts athletic ability and insane work ethic and determination, he'd most likely be the heavyweight champ if he had decided to devote his life to fighting rather than basketball.

i really thought you would have been banned by now TS.

impressive

JR SMith is a B level player at best and he's got a better spinning backfist than most of the UFC.

image.gif

He is flopping on purpose to get calls, he is not soft for fuck's sake. 3 days of intense TDD training and he would destroy Cain, DC, Stipe easily. There is levels to this shit.

lol imagine cristiano ronaldo taking a punch. he would die.

I loved how he went full on with that dude about conspiracies recently (not eddie).

The man was wrong and didn't know some of the things Joe was bringing up, yet he'd wrote a book about it!!

Then went on to be wrong about the next conspiracy subject.

Sometimes Rogan gets it right!

Lebron isn't a killer like Kobe or Jordan. He's one of the best, but the flopping, bitching and complaining, and worst of all the travelling is what makes him lesser than MJ.

That, and the better numbers and better achievements, both individual and team by Jordan.....

Of course A-level athlete is a thing, and if Lebron had devoted his time towards combat sports instead of basketball, his athleticism (explosiveness, quickness, strength, agility, finesse etc. etc.) would of course have given him ELITE skills. Undoubtedly. But how would he handle getting punched? How is his pain-threshold? Does he have a chin? Those are important aspects of MMA we can't know.

Tyron Woodley, Henry Cejudo, Cody Garbrandt and Demetrious Johnson are guys I personally would categorise as A-level athletes. Guys who could probably fare well in a lot of sports, had they been devoted to that specific sport from an early age. Athletic, agile, great ability to grasp and master techniques, "sees" the fight (vision/IQ). However, the thing about MMA is that you don't really have to be an A-level athlete to be elite. You hit REALLY hard, but not otherwise you're not really quick? Fine, you have a solid base to build around. You have really fast hand, but again, not that quick otherwise? Fine, solid base. Really good timing and precision, but not powerful, explosive or fast? Fine, solid base. In MMA, if you just know your shit, know your techniques and have that toughness and determination, you can get really far being an F-level athlete.

I really believe though (given they could manage taking damage and had the "fight" switched to "on" in their fight-or -flight-response), that guys like Lebron James, Michael Jordan, Cristiano Ronaldo and Jim Brown would/should have made fantastic fighters, had they started in some form of combat sports from an early age. That kind of athleticism, determination and work ethic is really the optimal base for a champion (again, they still need toughness in regards to taking punches). And the IQ they've shown in their specific sports, I really believe it will translate to MMA/fighting, as I believe it would have translated to any other sport, if they had developed it in that area from an early age.

Last edited:
"lequeen"?
That's what you come up with? And thought it clever enough to put in a thread title?

You are a very dull boy
<27>

"lequeen"?
That's what you come up with? And thought it clever enough to put in a thread title?

You are a very dull boy
<27>
Lequeen fan confirmed. Probably a Lakers fan or disgruntled Cavs fan as well.

Back