I didn't know Pele KO'd Hughes....

As a massive Fitch fan (yes we exist), Hughes was a bad matchup for him and it would be close.

I still think Matt would have beaten Koscheck in his prime as well as Alves. When Hughes and Alves fought, Alves was massive and missed weight by like 7lbs. Had he actually made weight, I think Hughes would have beat him even then.

But he finished Joe Riggs, Gil Castilo and Frank Trigg in title fights = WW goat?

His toughest opponents as champion, ie Sherk and Penn, the real WW goat finished.

Kos, Alves, Penn, the guys that beat up Hughes, were destroyed and out classed by GSP.

Yet somehow, Hughes is the GOAT because GSP decisions Kos, and Hughes finished Trigg.

In the real world, this is not even a discussion. GSP is the WW goat.

Last edited:
Or maybe Pele was a legit bad ass back in the day.

Pele also cracked Chuck Liddell with one of the most brutal shots. Liddell had a god tier iron chin back then.

In the real world, this is not even a discussion. GSP is the WW goat.

The only question is whether GSP is the all-time P4P GOAT. At WW, we shouldn't even be having this discussion, especially considering how fucking badly GSP handled prime Hughes who was fresh off of stopping BJ Penn. Bottom line isGSP, who was a finishing machine pre-Serra, knows no equal.

PeleLiddell.gif~original
It thinkcchuck actually got up from that and won but not looking it up to cofirm

I don't need to.
Judges fuck up decisions all the time.
It's telling when a fighter on a streak wins a gift decision and bails from the sport.
He left because he couldn't hack it against a guy who is cannon fodder these days.
Besides, I remember a certain GSP losing to Matt Hughes in their prime (Hughes).... you might want to look it up.
He retired because he's in his 30s, has two blown out knees, has been fighting professionally since he was I think 19, and has nothing left to accomplish. Old fighters retire. That doesn't mean they are ducking young fighters. Their time is just up.

Serra had nothing left to prove; GSP was never the same. He had to go see shrinks because of Matt, even after the revenge. Matt Serra VIOLATED GSP.

This is a violation. GSP went on to defend his belt most times in WW history. Not too shabby.

tumblr_m67p8eBt311ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Back