I didn't enjoy Hopkins Calzaghe

It was like watching paint dry or grass grow! BORING!!! Hopkins should retire now! PLease....

Hopkins is such a loser. he claims that he made Calzaghe fight HIS fight when Calzaghe was throwing punches in bunches and keeping the fight at a fast pace....which is CALZAGHE's type of fight.

all Hopkins could say at the post fight press conference is that he fought well for his age....and said this over and over.

the fact is, he was out thrown, out punched, out hustled, and only had one punch that landed....the right hand....and he didn't throw it after the 4th.

this fight was a blowout after round 4 and the only people who are complaining are the pro-Hopkins people.

it's funny how when Mayweather doesn't hurt his opponent yet blows them out on the punch stats, people say he's a "great fighter"......yet when Calzaghe doesn't hurt his opponent yet blows them out on the punch stats PLUS out hustles them (something Mayweather doesn't do), it was a "bad decision and shouldn't have won"

These guys didnt not look top notch. The shear lack of techincal fighting was enough to make me sick. Hop kept circling into the power hand. Every kid in a gym knows that is a big no-no. Cal was fighting a guy who likes to clinch and yet he refused to shorten his punches and reverted to short choppy hooks. Again very basic no-no. Also when cal got knocked down he had his chin up and absolutley no resemblance to a fighters stance.

Boxing has suffered over this type of fight. I am proof positive. When Duran, Hagler, Haugen and all of that lot was around I followed boxing fanaticly. Now I would not pay to watch but a handfull of fighters.

Before you say I am not a fan of the art and only the brawl,let me say I love to watch two tacticians going at in. You can fight and not clinch half as much as these two yahoos did. Everybody who says I am wrong should watch the paz man fight. That is what a fight is supposed to look like.

Ugh, criticising all time greats like Hops and Calzaghe and jocking Vinny Paz. I am gonna throw up.

Yeah, don't judge BHop based on this fight alone. His performances against DLH, Trinidad, Tarver were all really fun to watch. He had the right game plan against Joe, but couple that with a somewhat unorthodox southpaw in Calzaghe and you can expect a boring clinch fest. I thought for a moment we were destined to see a stoppage due to a clash of heads.

Ugh, criticising all time greats like Hops and Calzaghe and jocking Vinny Paz. I am gonna throw up.

Never said they arent great. I said this fight sucked. If I want to see a clinch fest I will watch K-1.

To be honest I don't really understand Bernard Hopkins. That white boy comment was and remains stupid, though I suppose in his mind he was robbed and so didn't lose to a white boy.

He keeps going on about his background, ok she he had it tough, but he hasn't lived in that evironment for a very long time. Well unless he's Tysoned his money that is

Hops talks shit to sell fights. It's quite common.

it's funny how when Mayweather doesn't hurt his opponent yet blows them out on the punch stats, people say he's a "great fighter"......yet when Calzaghe doesn't hurt his opponent yet blows them out on the punch stats PLUS out hustles them (something Mayweather doesn't do), it was a "bad decision and shouldn't have won"

compare hatton's face to bhop face after the respective fights you're referring too.

mayweather hit hatton....he didn't slap him. even you know there's a difference between the way they punch and if you don't you might as well leave the forum.

btw: bhop not having a scratch on his face doesn't mean he won the fight it means cal slaps.

Also...mayweather did more than hurt hatton....pssst...he knocked him out.

What did you seriously expect from this match-up? Just because they are two big names doesn't mean we are in store for a great fight. With Joe's lack of true knockout power and Hopkins 1-2 and hold mugging style of fighting I had low expectations for this fight entertainment wise. Also anybody who felt Hopkins won the fight is deluded, as it wasn't close.

The fight should have been ruled a no contest,due to lack of participation. If thats how they want to make their money they can be on "dancing with the stars".

I found the fight interesting, but mainly because I had money on Joe Cool. Anyways Hopkins has no chance against an elite fighter anymore, he has lost most of his physical tools. It looks that his objective is just to not lose convincingly and to throw insane amounts of headbutts.

this is pretty simple to figure out....just dont watch bhop fights....period.

every bhop fight i have ever seen is boring as fuck.....joe is an entertaining fighter, but when you put him in there with a boring fighter you get a boring fight...

I'm glad bhop lost...

Back