I didn’t feel like any of Holloway’s punches were hurting Poirier

Also, Max's chin is being drastically overrated. Every time Poirier touched him, he rocked him. He showed great heart & determination but thats not the same as having a great chin. Man got hurt in every single round

8ofMUts.gif

Max isn't known for his KO power. He just keeps pouring it on you until you wilt under the pressure and volume. He almost pulled it off against Dustin last night

Poirier said after the fight he hit him with a lot of good shots that hurt him, but clearly Dustin still had a massive power advantage.

Also, Max's chin is being drastically overrated. Every time Poirier touched him, he rocked him. He showed great heart & determination but thats not the same as having a great chin. Man got hurt in every single round
I don't think you know what "rocked" means.

Poirier said he "was hurt a few times".

Also, you need to evaluate it based on a volume striker, as that is Max's game... it is part "hurt" and part "exhausted" that come together when Max has someone in trouble.

In round 3 Dustin was getting swarmed and borderline overwhelmed. That is where Max is most dangerous, the punches from max keep coming - Dustin was having a hard time firing back and finding the energy to continue to block and circle to avoid being pushed against the cage. He dug deep, which he stated, and got out of trouble but it would be misleading to say Max never hurt him.

Last edited:
I don't think you know what "rocked" means.

Getting your bell rung to the extent you're doing the chicken dance for a split second or longer. Getting hurt so bad, you have to be transported to hospital. That sorta thing. Max was rocked countless times

It's the way he throws his punches, kinda like the Diaz bros. You can't generate much power when you throw like that. Also Poireir was covering up really well.

Back