Media I cried watching this.

I think they're still friends and just have a fake beef for show.

You’re free to like who you choose, but how is Colby overrated?

Colby Covington is probably the second best WW on the roster. His pace is insane, he can outgrapple just about anyone, and while his striking leaves a lot to be desired, he throws enough volume after exhausting his opponents to have some success. He’s very good. If anything, he’s underrated because people don’t like his antics.
he stood with Lawler that alone proves he knows what hes doing at least in the standup.

You’re free to like who you choose, but how is Colby overrated?

Colby Covington is probably the second best WW on the roster. His pace is insane, he can outgrapple just about anyone, and while his striking leaves a lot to be desired, he throws enough volume after exhausting his opponents to have some success. He’s very good. If anything, he’s underrated because people don’t like his antics.
His resume is very thin. Look at the records of his opponents, including a few he faced in the UFC. His best three wins are against Dos Anjos, Maia, and Lawler by decisions in hard fights. All three of those guys had previously been soundly defeated by many other fighters.

No fights against Leon Edwards, Tyron Woodley, Gilbert Burns, Stephen Thompson, Jorge Masvidal, Michael Chiesa, Santiago Ponzinihbio, etc..

Got destroyed by the Champ and quickly submitted by Warrley Alves in only 17 fights. I'm not buying it

TS, you fucked up big time by admitting to having emotions. All the shredded sherdog alphas sense fear.

His resume is very thin. Look at the records of his opponents, including a few he faced in the UFC. His best three wins are against Dos Anjos, Maia, and Lawler by decisions in hard fights. All three of those guys had previously been soundly defeated by many other fighters.

No fights against Leon Edwards, Tyron Woodley, Gilbert Burns, Stephen Thompson, Jorge Masvidal, Michael Chiesa, Santiago Ponzinihbio, etc..

Got destroyed by the Champ and quickly submitted by Warrley Alves in only 17 fights. I'm not buying it
Super biased.

his championship fight literally came down to the final 2 minutes. Won the first 3 minutes of the 5th and would have won on 2 of the cards had usman not finished him. Kudos to usman for getting the job done. That’s about as neck and neck a fight can be. Guess Usman is overrated too.

He’s #2 or #3. Buy what you want though.

Burns lost to a LW

Woodley is a fucking bum lol

Edwards has less impressive wins than Colby.

easy to play that game.

We have seen this before.

rockers.jpg

Super biased.

his championship fight literally came down to the final 2 minutes. Won the first 3 minutes of the 5th and would have won on 2 of the cards had usman not finished him. Kudos to usman for getting the job done. That’s about as neck and neck a fight can be. Guess Usman is overrated too.

He’s #2 or #3. Buy what you want though.

Burns lost to a LW

Woodley is a fucking bum lol

Edwards has less impressive wins than Colby.

easy to play that game.
Your the one playing that game. I listed a ton of top welterweights that Covington has not competed against. This is a matchup oriented sport, and the way I see it, Covington doesn't have enough diversity in his wins to seperate himself from the other top welterweights. That doesn't mean he is or isn't better, rather, we don't have enough data. The other guys I mentioned are in the same boat to an extent.

Usman however, is 12-0 in the UFC and the champ. Every performance he's had has been dominant. if you "guess he's overrated", I don't know what to tell you. Also, I watched the fight between Covington and Usman and severely dsagree that it was a close fight. In my eyes, Usman was clearly landing the harder and more damaging punches while never being in trouble himself throughout the entire fight before knocking Covington out. Covington is 15-2 with LOTS of cans on his record. He's a good fighter, just highly overrated

Your the one playing that game. I listed a ton of top welterweights that Covington has not competed against. This is a matchup oriented sport, and the way I see it, Covington doesn't have enough diversity in his wins to seperate himself from the other top welterweights. That doesn't mean he is or isn't better, rather, we don't have enough data. The other guys I mentioned are in the same boat to an extent.

Usman however, is 12-0 in the UFC and the champ. Every performance he's had has been dominant. if you "guess he's overrated", I don't know what to tell you. Also, I watched the fight between Covington and Usman and severely dsagree that it was a close fight. In my eyes, Usman was clearly landing the harder and more damaging punches while never being in trouble himself throughout the entire fight before knocking Covington out. Covington is 15-2 with LOTS of cans on his record. He's a good fighter, just highly overrated
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mmajun...udging-colby-covington-kamaru-usman-photo/amp

Dead even on the cards going into round 5.

trying to disprove his rank by citing even more unproven fighters seems futile, at best.

that was a lot of typing just to say “I don’t like him so he’s overrated”.

you simply can’t justify putting 2-3 more fighters in front of him ranking wise, but I know you’ll try.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mmajun...udging-colby-covington-kamaru-usman-photo/amp

Dead even on the cards going into round 5.

trying to disprove his rank by citing even more unproven fighters seems futile, at best.

that was a lot of typing just to say “I don’t like him so he’s overrated”.

you simply can’t justify putting 2-3 more fighters in front of him ranking wise, but I know you’ll try.
You're arguing against my opinion. I mentioned many times in my post why I think Covington is overrated. I gave you a few examples why I think this way, since stating something without an explanation doesn't make sense in a conversation lol.

I don't care about rankings and never mentioned them, I think he's overrated as an actual fighter. The scorecard in the Usman fight is irrelevant as I never argued that some people thought it was a close fight, just myself.

You can explain why you think I'm wrong.

Masvidal has to put food on his family, that's all he cares about...

Colby similarly has to get some cheddar before he can form a family...

So they both put money over friendship and this is the result. No fakery here.

A tale as old as humanity itself.

You're arguing against my opinion. I mentioned many times in my post why I think Covington is overrated. I gave you a few examples why I think this way, since stating something without an explanation doesn't make sense in a conversation lol.

I don't care about rankings and never mentioned them, I think he's overrated as an actual fighter. The scorecard in the Usman fight is irrelevant as I never argued that some people thought it was a close fight, just myself.

You can explain why you think I'm wrong.
I’m not going to argue against your vague description of what you think overrated is. He’s ranked where he should be and, at the very worst, a top 5 WW.

Your “examples” are that he hasn’t fought enough competition to warrant his status, which is silly. You mention Woodley, and 2 of his best wins are the same as Colby’s. Burns has beaten Maia and a shot Woodley. Leon Edwards looks fantastic but much more unproven.

WHO is overrating him? absolutely nobody. He’s a top 2-5 WW.

Carry on.

Last edited:
I’m not going to argue against your vague description of what you think overrated is. He’s ranked where he should be and, at the very worst, a top 5 WW.

if that’s overrated for you, fine.
He doesnt have knockout power, or any noticeable submission game. His striking defense is awful. He's good at controlling fighters in the clinch, but not exactly at holding guys on the ground. He has excellent cardio and a great chin.

So your opinion of his ranking is justified(for the 2nd time, im not arguing his ranking) without you explaining your reasoning, yet my opinion is vague even though you said I wrote a lot in my last post?

Learn how to debate someone and defend your arguments. I don't know you and have nothing against you personally, so save the crying

He doesnt have knockout power, or any noticeable submission game. His striking defense is awful. He's good at controlling fighters in the clinch, but not exactly at holding guys on the ground. He has excellent cardio and a great chin.

So your opinion of his ranking is justified(for the 2nd time, im not arguing his ranking) without you explaining your reasoning, yet my opinion is vague even though you said I wrote a lot in my last post?

Learn how to debate someone and defend your arguments. I don't know you and have nothing against you personally, so save the crying
I’m not the one making the statement. Lol?

You say he’s overrated.

You’ve yet to explain how. What diversity are you looking for? Colby beat a former champion in Lawler who is a striker. He beat Maia who is an elite grappler.

“Learn how to debate”? You just sat there and said you have no problem with him being ranked #2 at WW.

Your definition of “overrated” is silly and unconventional. I’m not even going to attempt to change your mind and you seem like one of the type that’ll argue your point until you turn blue regardless of how ludicrous it is.

I’m not the one making the statement. Lol?

You say he’s overrated.

You’ve yet to explain how. What diversity are you looking for? Colby beat a former champion in Lawler who is a striker. He beat Maia who is an elite grappler.

“Learn how to debate”? You just sat there and said you have no problem with him being ranked #2 at WW.

Your definition of “overrated” is silly and unconventional. I’m not even going to attempt to change your mind and you seem like one of the type that’ll argue your point until you turn blue regardless of how ludicrous it is.
Mma is a matchup oriented sport, hence why I think it's relevant to mention the plethora of welterweights Covington hasn't faced that are highly ranked and on winning streaks. Every matchup is unique and unpredictable and if you read my first post, I said that Covington as well as most other fighters I mentioned need more fights to form a clearer picture of their skills IMO. I also mentioned how Lawler, Maia and Dos Anjos had been beaten many times more convincingly by other fighters.

Do you remember when you called Woodley a bum? Well Woodley destroyed Maia a few months before Covington beat him. Woodley also knocked out Lawler in the first round a few years before Covington beat him in a 25 minute decision.

I said nothing about rankings for the 3rd time lol. I'm very open to changing my view. The problem is that the topic we are discussing is subjective, so what you're saying is basically that you don't want to attempt to elaborate on your opinion to convince me your right. You havn't made a single compelling argument for me to agree with you on anything lol

Mma is a matchup oriented sport, hence why I think it's relevant to mention the plethora of welterweights Covington hasn't faced that are highly ranked and on winning streaks. Every matchup is unique and unpredictable and if you read my first post, I said that Covington as well as most other fighters I mentioned need more fights to form a clearer picture of their skills IMO. I also mentioned how Lawler, Maia and Dos Anjos had been beaten many times more convincingly by other fighters.

Do you remember when you called Woodley a bum? Well Woodley destroyed Maia a few months before Covington beat him. Woodley also knocked out Lawler in the first round a few years before Covington beat him in a 25 minute decision.

I said nothing about rankings for the 3rd time lol. I'm very open to changing my view. The problem is that the topic we are discussing is subjective, so what you're saying is basically that you don't want to attempt to elaborate on your opinion to convince me your right. You havn't made a single compelling argument for me to agree with you on anything lol
Nonsense

Clearly it's nonsense to you since you seem incapable of comprehending and composing simple conversations on an mma forum.

Total passive aggresive behaviour. I give you my opinion and answered several of the questions you asked me and you throw a tantrum because you don't like what I said about a 32 year old man youve never met.

Back