I could never live in a desert

I lived outside Seattle, WA until I was 10 years old, and then we moved to Las Vegas, NV. We moved in July...holy fucking batshit crazy heat. As OP stated my nose would start gushing blood out of nowhere the first year I was there.

When I was 18 I joined the Marine Corps and ended up in Jacksonville, NC where's it humid as all hell and gets quite hot.

I'll take the desert heat every single day of the year versus this hot sauna humid muggy bullshit. While the desert certainly sucks at least you can stop sweating. Usually once April rolls around I don't stop sweating until November or December..just brutal and I hate everything about it. If my wife didn't have an awesome job out here we would have left years ago. I would actually like to live in a place which has a decent enough winter as I miss snow. We get snow here about once every 3 to 4 years, and it usually only sticks around for a day or two max.

To each their onw I guess though. And @HunterSdVa29 Twenty-Nine Palms can well and truly go fuck itself. I was on the receiving end of a horrendous winter CAX...ungodly cold and we were living in a fucking tent for the whole month of January. When we went to leave the roads were frozen and there was a fatal crash on the highway between 29 and the airport. Our bus almost slid off the road trying to stop so our Corpsman could try and render first aid. When we finally got to the airport the wings of the fucking airplane were frozen and their defrosting equipment was broken...took us like an extra 12 hours just sitting at the airport waiting to leave. Fucking miserable!

Yep, I'm the same way. I can take the dry heat of the desert but I can't stand being where it's hot & humid. I can't stop sweating in those circumstances & it sucks. Even with the AC on I sweat in hot & humid conditions. That's why I'm so happy to be living in Arizona now.

Yeah, ok to visit, not to live for me. Dry heat is better than wet heat though. Id prefer a desert to the tropical jungle.

While we're at it, fuck South Dakota, too.

We have 3 pretty dry months where i live where we only get like four inches of rain and the humidity falls below 15%, my nose gets fucked up and it starts bleeding i cannot imagine living in a place that is like that most of the year
I live in southern New Mexico. You get used to it. When I go to Houston or somewhere like that I feel like I’m in the sauna all day.

I could live in a dessert... yum!

1f1.jpg
LOL

Hey, were desert neighbors. I live in the upper Sonoran desert in Sedona, AZ & I love it. Yeah, the heat can be a bit oppressive to deal with after living most of my life in Buffalo, NY but I'm getting used to it. :D
Mesa, AZ born and raised. Don’t live there anymore though. I’ve been to Sedona quite a few times, and through 29 Palms. Never hung out in 29 Palms really. @HunterSdVa29

Mesa, AZ born and raised. Don’t live there anymore though. I’ve been to Sedona quite a few times, and through 29 Palms. Never hung out in 29 Palms really. @HunterSdVa29

Cool. What sort of climate are you living in now? I hope it's one that you can tolerate.

None of you live in the desert.
You live in an air conditioned home.

Shut your mouths

Cool. What sort of climate are you living in now? I hope it's one that you can tolerate.
Lol, I live near Madison, WI. It’s taken some getting used to. But in a way, it’s the same idea. Several months of the year, no one leaves their house because they’ll freeze to death, so they just stay inside and drink.
In AZ (especially farther south than Sedona), people stay inside the house for months because the heat will suck your soul straight out through your ass. Sort of the same thing. :)

Start using Coke, you’ll be fine..

I could not live somewhere it rains all the time or is hot and humid. Some desert climates are cold at night and have a winter sort of. Parts of Argentina,Chile,Western china, mongolia and kazakhstan have desert but also have seasons.
I live in the high desert, it snowed last night and didn't get above 40 today.

Last summer it hit 120 several times.

Ha, I definitely don’t spend much time in my office right now. I’m in the field 95% of the time. It’s not always great but the way industry it booming here right now I have to be.

I lived outside Seattle, WA until I was 10 years old, and then we moved to Las Vegas, NV. We moved in July...holy fucking batshit crazy heat. As OP stated my nose would start gushing blood out of nowhere the first year I was there.

When I was 18 I joined the Marine Corps and ended up in Jacksonville, NC where's it humid as all hell and gets quite hot.

I'll take the desert heat every single day of the year versus this hot sauna humid muggy bullshit. While the desert certainly sucks at least you can stop sweating. Usually once April rolls around I don't stop sweating until November or December..just brutal and I hate everything about it. If my wife didn't have an awesome job out here we would have left years ago. I would actually like to live in a place which has a decent enough winter as I miss snow. We get snow here about once every 3 to 4 years, and it usually only sticks around for a day or two max.

To each their onw I guess though. And @HunterSdVa29 Twenty-Nine Palms can well and truly go fuck itself. I was on the receiving end of a horrendous winter CAX...ungodly cold and we were living in a fucking tent for the whole month of January. When we went to leave the roads were frozen and there was a fatal crash on the highway between 29 and the airport. Our bus almost slid off the road trying to stop so our Corpsman could try and render first aid. When we finally got to the airport the wings of the fucking airplane were frozen and their defrosting equipment was broken...took us like an extra 12 hours just sitting at the airport waiting to leave. Fucking miserable!
Lived all over, Seattle at 100 degrees is hotter than Arizona at 120 degrees.
Mass difference in humid heat than dry heat.

Lol, I live near Madison, WI. It’s taken some getting used to. But in a way, it’s the same idea. Several months of the year, no one leaves their house because they’ll freeze to death, so they just stay inside and drink.
In AZ (especially farther south than Sedona), people stay inside the house for months because the heat will suck your soul straight out through your ass. Sort of the same thing. :)

Yeah, I've never looked at it like that but you're right. LOL.
My wife & I just moved to Sedona last summer & yep, we stayed inside as much as possible until about mid-September, Prior to that it averaged about 100 degrees a day. Which I know is relatively cool for the rest of the state but it was wicked hot to us.

I live in the high desert, it snowed last night and didn't get above 40 today.

Last summer it hit 120 several times.

Yeah, it's cold as hell today here too. I'm looking forward to next month when it starts to warm up for good.

Back