I consider Rory MacDonald the uncrowned WW king

Then he's a pretty damn good bar room brawler since he got the UFC belt and beat Rory twice.
This, and Robbie also knocked out Melvin Manhoef. Not bad for a 'bar room brawler'.

His only losses where against Condit and Lawler and he dominated all 3 fights until he got caught. In my eyes, he is technically undefeated.

Rory has never been an underdog in the UFC and would still be the favorite against Condit and Lawler if they ever fight again.

Actually, Rory would be the favorie against any current welterweight because he would beat any of them most of the time. Therefore, he is the best.

It doesn't matter who has the belt, we all know The Red King is one of the uncrowned ones along with Aldo, Khabib, Anderson, Jones and Cain.

1e6a617df9fcb2e879301c92f9713b0d_crop_north.jpg
This boy got dat Stretch Armstrong Reach!

It doesn't count. Rory was already injured and could no longer breathe.

Did Rory sustain that damage on the way to the cage or did Lawler cause it?

Then it counts. In fact, it's one of the most important things that count in the entire game.

If you need to go into denial to handle someone else's losses, maybe MMA isn't the sport for you. You need something less emotionally taxing to watch, like wrestling.

"Technically undefeated" sounds like Ronda

I'm a huge Rory fan he's prob my favourite fighter now that GSP has retired but I'm sorry he loss those fights fair and square , he was both physically and mentally ready for those fights , i Really hope that his fight with Lawler hasn't affected him both mentally and physically to much and that he comes back stronger and gets that strap .

I'm a huge Rory fan he's prob my favourite fighter now that GSP has retired but I'm sorry he loss those fights fair and square , he was both physically and mentally ready for those fights , i Really hope that his fight with Lawler hasn't affected him both mentally and physically to much and that he comes back stronger and gets that strap .
dont listen to TS, hes making us rory fans look delusional and bitter. this is how real rory fans feel.

I love Rory. Cant wait for him to come back. I can't believe that I'm going to say this, but I feel like he needs to get better at coasting when he's already got a fight/rounds in the bag. He has a tendency to keep his foot on the pedal when his opponents pour it on and I think it leaves him open.

how has this thread not died off already? rory is 0-2 against lawler and that's that.

Dobut ts is serious, probably a just little bored.

Technically undefeated but yet got finished twice and lost a decision.

Gotcha ts!!!

He'll be champ eventually but should never fight Lawler again.

Technically undefeated but yet got finished twice and lost a decision.

Gotcha ts!!!
If he avenged the condit loss and beat lawler in the rematch the narrative would be very different. But he didn't.

I consider Rory's face technically unbroken.

Nah, no I don't. Condit smashed his head in, just like this:
m3.gif

Mike Ricci be like:
tumblr_n6jl5w5iiw1rp2zn0o4_r1_250.gif

Rory fans are next level delusional, they really think that, after two life altering beatdowns, he's going to hit his prime and dominate the division for 15 years.

Back