I completely forgot Cormier and Gus fought

DC just edged out a 48-47 with clinch work, but Gus had some big moments with the knee knockdown and taking DC down.
The fight wasn't as close as the scorecards indicate. I can't stand DC, but Gus's few big moments don't add up to much in a 25 minute fight.

Not enough of this

Qy8KDl5.gif

Dc is a powerhouse

The fight wasn't as close as the scorecards indicate. I can't stand DC, but Gus's few big moments don't add up to much in a 25 minute fight.
Maybe not, but I still thought that Gus took the 2nd and maybe 3rd. Two of the judges also gave him the 4th.

DC deserved to win, Gus had the most damaging shot with the knee/left hook combo.

DC had a hilarious takedown made Gus do a flip, but surprisingly Gus took him down more.

You could tell Gus has smoother boxing and was picking him apart at range but he couldn't stay out of cormiers pitbull like clinch.

The clinch won DC the fight.

That was a great fight. Those two losses have to be some of the toughest that any fighter has endured. I clearly think this is a case where these two losses can mean more than a win.

You have a better memory than me.

I remember it like it was two days ago.

And everyone complained that Gus "ran away" too much to try and avoid the clinch from DC even though he lost.

Kind of blown away by how many people think gus just ran. People are confusing good footwork with running way too much. Moving side to side to try and use your range and not stay stagnant so you dont get double legged or pressed into the cage is the intelligent stategy. Even the parts where he was running it was to get off the cage to get back to the center which is exactly what he should have done. The dude dropped and took down cormier twice, how many people can say that? I guess people would have preferred him to come forward and get clinchedraped/take down like AJ. God knows if he did do that people would being criticizing for not using his legnth and not moving enough.

Cormier won because of superior clinch. Gus fought in a very dumb way. Looked like he can beat him in a rematch.
Why did receive say Gus can win a rematch?

Gus can best Jones in a rematch? No Jones still bury him in a rematch. He caught Jones sleeping (not training seriously or full time) and almost took advantage of it.

Gus can beat Rumble? Hell no. Rumble puts him back in the hospital for precautionary observation again.

Gus can beat DC? Why? What in that first fight points that the same outcome won't happen. Gus had his moments and hurt DC bad at points but for the most part DC was brutalizing him.

Gus needs to fight Bader just to see where he's at. I'd love for him to fight Glover but at this point and time another loss might be pink slip worthy.

Honestly, Gus lost the fight to himself, he had the tools to win but I don't know what the fuck was going on his mind. The way he clinched every single time to eat uppercuts without any defense was cringe worthy.

Was a good fight, cormier seemed in control but gus almost knocked his ass out a couple of times. go watch and youll see

Cormier won because of superior clinch. Gus fought in a very dumb way. Looked like he can beat him in a rematch.

Typical response from what i assume is a Gus fan

They all think he can beat Jones/Rumble/DC in rematches even tho in reality hes lost to the only top opponents hes ever faced. Lets see if he can beat Bader or OSP or anybdy decent

I must have been on the same stuff. Forgot they fought too when I started reading the thread. Thought everyone was joking lol and then see that beautiful Cormier flip slam lol...

Kind of blown away by how many people think gus just ran. People are confusing good footwork with running way too much. Moving side to side to try and use your range and not stay stagnant so you dont get double legged or pressed into the cage is the intelligent stategy. Even the parts where he was running it was to get off the cage to get back to the center which is exactly what he should have done. The dude dropped and took down cormier twice, how many people can say that? I guess people would have preferred him to come forward and get clinchedraped/take down like AJ. God knows if he did do that people would being criticizing for not using his legnth and not moving enough.

Do you remember the fight at all? Gus ACTUALLY ran at several occasions during the fight with his back facing DC. That is NOT footwork.

I'll never forget the way Gus ran from DC in that fight.

I knew the guy was a mental midget... but that fight confirmed in.

Back