I challenge you to be selfless.

I have a judo gi that was the starter gi given to me when I started BJJ. Will that work? It has a Hollywood BJJ logo on the back but it's in great shape.

PERFECT! I've been looking to get rid of my Vulkan Ultra-lite A3, just doesn't fit me right - I think I wore it twice. Also have a couple Fuji A3's coming your way. They were my first 2 gi's and have shrunk too much - been sitting in my closet for over a year. Still in great shape, there's no quit in these gi's (maybe a little off-white though). I'll have to get a quote on shipping, but if it's too much I might ask you to split the cost with me. I'll get back to you next week when I get paid. Great idea and awesome support so far from the sherdog forum!

Hillary I applaud you for the initiative, i have an OTM A1 that has shrunkprobably for a kids size now, will send it to you thisweek.

No gis to contribute at present (I'm on my starter plus a Koral Light... though you may yet sell me on another Koral), but a couple ideas. Have you talked to any of the gi manufacturers? They'd be less likely to talk to us, but maybe you could rig something up with some factory seconds or the like, or maybe get some of a discount going if you ever got any cash rolling into the mix for buying new gis?

I was thinking this as well. Fuji kids gis are $65 new at JJPG, so I assume Fuji probably gets them for $30ish a piece from the manufacturer, possibly cheaper. Maybe they would be willing to sell you 10-20 kids gis at cost. I would throw down $10-$20 for this cause.

I am sure you could get a lot of love from people like Vince at SYR, Fightworks Podcast, Slidelyfoot, Meerkatsu, BJJHeroes, etc. to send a msg out to their Facebook groups and such. Also a lot of BJJ competitors (Felipe Costa, Drysdale, Miai, etc.) would probably be willing to send out a msg as well. Could probably raise the funds for some kids gis fairly quickly.

Or, what about Koral? You are sponsored by them, right? Maybe they could get you kids gis at cost.

Getting them at cost (although sounds like a great deal), would start to add up real quick. I think going the free used route will yield plenty of gis.

Sorry don't have one to send you Hillary. I donated 3 gis to classmates earlier this year.

I have several that I will send your way. Great ideal Hillary.

Guys, I'm shooting for more donations than at-cost (which, yes, addddsss uppp) but we'll see how the response is. :)

Also, make sure to write a return address so I can send a picture of the groups that you all help out!

I'll ask around since the kids class is before our class tonight. If not I'd be more than willing to pick up a couple adidas gi's at the local academy. I know they're not great gi's, but it's what I can do and they will definitely get the job done.

Good luck getting those through customs..

I have a couple somewhere im going to search the house tonight, Im glad its going to a good cause and not some chump who walks into the gym borrows one of my gis never to return again. Glad I can help contribute to such a great cause :icon_chee

Guys, I'm shooting for more donations than at-cost (which, yes, addddsss uppp) but we'll see how the response is. :)

Also, make sure to write a return address so I can send a picture of the groups that you all help out!

Hillary - I'm going to get something up about this on Inside BJJ. I'll send out a link when it's ready.

I think it will yield plenty of adult gis, but I don't know about kids gis. If you get them at $30 a pop, or even $40, I don't think it would be hard to get enough donations for 10 kids gis. If you get used ones for free that is great, but I haven't seen anyone on here offer up any kids gis for donations.

Good luck getting those through customs..

I have a friend who works for customs. He said that NEW gis would be an issue, and if I have letters from the projetos (due to response, looking like we'll be able to help several!), no issues.

Nate, yes, I'll be at NAGA.

Guys, here's moving little video on Ricardinho's and Finfou's construction of the projeto...

(subtitles)

No subtitles, but you can see it finished.

i've got a judo gi that i rarely wear. i'll look into shipping it over later today. but the shipping cost may be ridiculous because i stay in se asia and i'm just a poor student with only one other gi costing >50 bucks. lol i'll try my best.

i've got a judo gi that i rarely wear. i'll look into shipping it over later today. but the shipping cost may be ridiculous because i stay in se asia and i'm just a poor student with only one other gi costing >50 bucks. lol i'll try my best.

Man, I'm sure you can find someone over there who needs your gi too. It's easier than you shipping to the US.

I think unused gis are a much better option then buying new ones... environmentally... I think it's a more efficient use of resources anyhow.

Having said that - I am in Australia and the postage costs are ridiculous. Is there a paypal account that I could donate to?

I still use the gyms "loaner gi". I still don't have my own and I've been going for coming up on 6 months.

Back