I can't wrap my head around Whittaker's strategy

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by The Legendary Scarface, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Zaar

Zaar Green Belt

That's the question to ask, for sure.
    If we (over)simplify things, one would say "oh, just fake rush in, get him to counter air and *then* go for the kill", but we know it's not so cut and dry at all xD

I think he should go for some feints and so on, as the first goal would be to bring Adesanya's back closer to the Octagon. He shouldn't be able to avoid things the same way as he does with more space (well, in theory).
    Some pressure then, maybe some (semi fake) clinching, "dirty" elbows and hits inside, in and out, make him guess (more).
    All in all, I just think fighting Israel in the center is a (bigger) mistake

2. X^flottigliaMAS

X^flottigliaMAS Yellow Belt

Imagine petrosyan fighting sana like that only because he’s shorter. Bobby, i’m disappoint

3. stacrafty

stacrafty White Belt

LOL sherbros.

Theres an interview with Mike Angrove one of city kickboxings striking coaches.
    He said they watched so much of Roberts stuff that he could name where and when vs who certain strikes and combos where carried out.
    They studied him like a text book.

4. BetoG695

BetoG695 Blue Belt

Honestly it was like Eddie Alvarez vs Connor, never understood Eddies Gameplan....like wtf are you doing.....i think the Kelvin fight fucked him up and altered the way he would have normally fought hin

5. slicebergjim

slicebergjim Orange Belt

I thought he did well until the end of the 1st.