I cant wait to see Woodley vs Diaz

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Diggem, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Diggem

Diggem Black Belt

Woodley is brilliant for calling out Diaz. That will be a great fight. Diaz has great hands and can frustrate him on the feet or possibly submit him if it goes to the ground. Woodley could either take Diaz down or land a big KO punch. Excellent fight and a big money fight for them both.

The Lawler vs Wonderboy fight also sounds good. They were both looking past Woodley and dismissed him as nothing now they are going to pay for that mistake. I think this will be a war with Lawler possibly getting the win as I have it 50/50. Wonderboy doesn't have big power so that allows Lawler to make it his fight.

Haj01 likes this.
  2. KB Warrior

KB Warrior Brown Belt

Diaz hasnt won a fight in 5 years but sure go ahead and give him a title shot, why not?

3. CTYankee

CTYankee Brown Belt

I'd rather see Diaz versus Lawler.

Bewareofdawg and Jopo like this.
  4. johnnyroastbeef

johnnyroastbeef Banned Banned

5. gimp0

gimp0 Brown Belt

Same here. It's not easy to put away Nick Diaz and Tyron always gasses in the later rounds.

If Nick doesn't get finished or injured from a leg kick... he could pull out a decision or overwhelm Woodley in the later rounds for a TKO finish.

Diggem likes this.
  6. Silverstar17

Silverstar17 Red Belt

Brilliant my ass.

He is scared of Thompson. If you want big money fights you should do more to become a draw yourself.

Diaz getting a title shot would be even more of a joke than Henderson getting his.

This sport needs credibility so bad. When was the last time that in so many divisions the champ wasn't the clear cut #1?

skullbreaker likes this.
  7. Jopo

Jopo Gold Belt

They aren't going to give Nick a title shot nor should they. Lawler 2 is the fight to make for Nick.

8. DanManWinner

DanManWinner White Belt

Sounds like Woodley ducking wonderboy. Not cool, he's worked hard for a title shot. That fight hast to be next. Nick Diaz should fight Ellenberger & if he can get pass him then he can get a title shot

9. mangokush

mangokush Black Belt

Fight was supposed to happen while Nick Diaz was the Strikeforce WW champ.

Guess Woodley just wants that fight for old times sake also while Nick Diaz is a big name and Wonderboy is a no name to the casuals who looks like the Sham Wow guy.

Woodley just wants that money fight.

Conor has just showed all the other fighters in the UFC the Promised Land and now they are all going there.

This wouldn't have happened if fighter pay blah blah.

10. jakeharris74

jakeharris74 Black Belt

Woodley ducked Lombard because the fight wasn't good for his brand. Woodley ducking Wonderboy because he's an OG.

I'm all about fighters looking out for their best interest, but c'mon. Ain't nobody wanting to root for a ducker. Boo this man. And with that I am now an anti-fan of Woodley(someone let him know my opinion, and make sure to tell him when he's sitting down in case he takes it too hard..)

11. Diggem

Diggem Black Belt

They are giving Hendo a title shot. Your argument is null and void.

12. Diggem

Diggem Black Belt

Nahh...Lawler lost and he can fight Thompson which is what they both said that they wanted.

13. Diggem

Diggem Black Belt

Stipe blatantly ducked Rothwell and people root for him. Woodley wants the big money fight just like Stipe and Conor. You should be cheering him on for wanting big money.

14. Diggem

Diggem Black Belt

Conor is ducking 145 and he is called brilliant for doing it.

15. COBRA03

COBRA03 Black Belt

Screw either Diaz at getting a title shot at this time, the Wonderboy deserves the next shot for the belt. If any Diaz was going to fight Woodley it would have to be Nate. Does Nick even want to fight anymore? He only wants BIG fights, but he never wins those big fights. If either Diaz bro did fight Woodley though I would certainly watch it!

16. Diggem

Diggem Black Belt

It will be a great fight for the fans!

17. Diggem

Diggem Black Belt

Aldo worked hard for his rematch and it should have been instant. Conor ducking 145 is not cool. That fight should have already happened.

18. Diggem

Diggem Black Belt

Thompson doesn't deserve anything. Woodley is the champ.

19. Lay N Pray 101

Lay N Pray 101 2017 Sherdog Grand Prix Winner

Woodley should be fighting Wonderboy. No one else. It irks the living fuck out of me when a fighter calls out a fighter who hasn't fought in years or someone they already beat handedly. Like when Overeem called out Brock for a second fight when Brock hadn't fought in years. Address the competition standing right in front of you, not the fighter who's been out for years and is clearly out of fighting shape.

20. HaikenEdge

HaikenEdge Rationality will win the day.

If I was the UFC, I wouldn't want to risk it. Why give a title shot to a known suspension risk? If he wins the title, then pisses hot, the entire fight would have been for naught.