I can't stand school/studying

When you work 50+ hours for multiple years on end, all of a sudden school seems like the best thing in the history of the world.

Believe me when I say this, staying in school and earning your degree is a highly worthwhile investment. While it may seem painful at the moment, it will more than likely pay off in the end.

When you work 50+ hours for multiple years on end, all of a sudden school seems like the best thing in the history of the world.

I know that by looking at it from a different point of view it doesn't sound nearly as bad, but it still sucks

Believe me when I say this, staying in school and earning your degree is a highly worthwhile investment. While it may seem painful at the moment, it will more than likely pay off in the end.

I understand how worth it it may be, but I can't even finish reading 2 lines out of the book before I lost concentration and I find myself re-reading everything over and over again without actually understanding any of it, it's a really frustrating thing.

Life is meant to be lived happily, I'm miserable in school, you do have a point there.

Ok i cant sleep, so lets go deeper in this highly subjective issue. :wink:

Life is meant to be lived, living is about experience otherwise you are just existing. Experience can be good or bad, its like a computer game, if you got no bad guys shooting at you there are no fun in playing it. On other words there must be some kind of struggle (negative factor, or evil, or whatever you want to call it) in life that one should overcome in order to live.

So that means there are supposed to be unhappy times in a persons life, by overcoming them you become happy again. And with that you get new experiences=living.

Same experiences gets boring (less dopamine?) in time so you need to have new experiences in order to keep that shit up. For new experience you must get yourself to higher level, like get richer, stronger, smarter etc... so some kind of upgrade is necessary.

I think that's it... for now, and yes am high, and yes i would share it.

Last edited:
Ok i cant sleep, so lets go deeper in this highly subjective issue. :wink:

Life is meant to be lived, living is about experience otherwise you are just existing. Experience can be good or bad, its like a computer game, if you got no bad guys shooting at you there are no fun in playing it. On other words there must be some kind of struggle (negative factor, or evil, or whatever you want to call it) in life that one should overcome in order to live.

So that means there are supposed to be unhappy times in a persons life, by overcoming them you become happy again. And with that you get new experiences=living.

Same experiences gets boring (less dopamine?) in time so you need to have new experiences in order to keep that shit up. For new experience you must get yourself to higher level, like get richer, stronger, smarter etc... so some kind of upgrade is necessary.

I think that's it... for now, and yes am high, and yes i would share it.

Hey man, thanks for your reply. I totally agree with what you said, I had a talk with my friend and I'm just gonna stick with school and keep trying my best. I forget that sometimes in order to appreciate the good you need to go through some lows also.

Hey man, thanks for your reply. I totally agree with what you said, I had a talk with my friend and I'm just gonna stick with school and keep trying my best. I forget that sometimes in order to appreciate the good you need to go through some lows also.

You made the right choice! Good luck. :icon_chee

I'm 31 and missing three semesters, I know that feeling dude.

It's hard, but the reward is big, don't quit, never.

I'm 32, never went to college.
After 12 years of school, I couldn't sit in a classroom any more.
I work in the arts now, and I like what I do, even if I make barely livable money doing it.

Learn how to take proper breaks and reward yourself. One of the best things I did for myself was this in university. I'd study my ass off for an hour, then watch and episode of a tv show or play x box or go hangout. Then I'd go back to work for another hour. Worked like a charm. Although you have to have some control to get back to work.

I'm 28 and just graduated college this last June. It took me way longer than it should of, but I kept chugging away at it. Honestly bro, when I was walking down the isle to get my diploma I honestly got choked up. That moment right there made it all worth it, because in my early 20s I never thought that moment was ever going to happen.

Currently im getting my phd in biochem. People always say wow ur smart. My response is no, I work my ass off

as an undergrad I struggled with calculus and physics classes. Calc 2 and 3 were really hard for. I stayed at the tutor center at my uni everday for two quarters spending about 4 hours a day getting help with calc and
physics. It was worth it. I love biochem, even though I hated all the math I had to take i put my head down and charged through it (and ended up acing most the classes). My point is school can be hard and it can really suck, but in the end it can be worth it.

even just a couple weeks ago I made a topic about how stressful my advancement was. Even in grad school its still stressful. But I get up and do something I enjoy, biochem research and even when its hard and stressful its never just a job its a lot more meaningful for me

school is fun if you are truly dedicated to the subject and believe that the knowledge will benefit you financially. When you are grinding away for something you doubt will ever come in handy and doesn't interest you, it can be really tough.

I know that by looking at it from a different point of view it doesn't sound nearly as bad, but it still sucks

I understand how worth it it may be, but I can't even finish reading 2 lines out of the book before I lost concentration and I find myself re-reading everything over and over again without actually understanding any of it, it's a really frustrating thing.

Try listening to something that requires active listening while u study but can still be used as background music. Classical or something like fantomas . Study for x amount of minutes then take a break and let what u studied absorb. I use to take a 15 min power nap after all my classes. Not taking in any new info or focusing on anything else directly after studying or class really helps me absorb and remember everything. I can give u tons more tips tomorrow that work for me if u like

same here. im 20 and i hate school. its always been rough for me. this wednesday i think is the last day for me to drop out so i got some thinking to do

Try listening to something that requires active listening while u study but can still be used as background music. Classical or something like fantomas . Study for x amount of minutes then take a break and let what u studied absorb. I use to take a 15 min power nap after all my classes. Not taking in any new info or focusing on anything else directly after studying or class really helps me absorb and remember everything. I can give u tons more tips tomorrow that work for me if u like

what do you plan on doing with your ph.d in biochem?

Back