I can't stand school/studying

Estemachine

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I'm having a real problem here, and it's not a new one, this has been going on my entire life, I have a really hard time concentrating enough to do my homework and studying, I get easily distracted.

I'm 28 and still haven't graduated from college and being honest with myself I don't know if I have it on me anymore, I've dropped out several semesters now, I'm only taking 2 classes and I think I'm already failing one, and having a C on the other, teachers gives a crap ton of homework for crappy 3 points each (not even worth the hours I spent doing it) and the material keeps pilling up to the point I can no longer memorize it and I'm falling behind.

I'm always on time in class, I always do most of my homework, but I'm getting to the point where I'm loosing all interest in even trying since if feels like its too much effort with little to no reward. Anyone else having a hard time with school?

Try concentration drugs. Or just any kinds of drugs. Drugs are good.

Sounds like you are not the type of person with the ability to commit and suffer to achieve your goals. Just give up and go get job flipping burgers.

Sounds like you are not the type of person with the ability to commit and suffer to achieve your goals. Just give up and go get job flipping burgers.

Life is meant to be lived happily, I'm miserable in school, you do have a point there.

I had forgotten why exactly I don't get involved furthering my education. Thanks!!!:icon_chee

Life is meant to be lived happily, I'm miserable in school, you do have a point there.

If you have less than two years left of your undergraduate degree you should finish it. *Unless you're studying something which wont help you find a job.

If you have more than that left go to trade school and start working in the field.

Said who?

Anyone who has a higher understanding of life. Anyone who at any point was able to work with his/her left and right brain at the same time, anyone who reached his higher self at some point or had some sort of epiphany.

you work and go to school? maybe you have work relatated stress and it affects your concentration in college

Anyone who has a higher understanding of life. Anyone who at any point was able to work with his/her left and right brain at the same time, anyone who reached his higher self at some point or had some sort of epiphany.

Define living happily.

If you have less than two years left of your undergraduate degree you should finish it. *Unless you're studying something which wont help you find a job.

If you have more than that left go to trade school and start working in the field.

I probably have less than 15 units left after this.

Define living happily.

Well that is a subjective question, it changes from individual to individual.

To me living happily is, exercising, eating right, loving myself, helping others, loving everyone, and always doing the right thing, giving good karma.

To others living happily could be being a bum next to the beach, asking for money and surf all day.

It's hard not getting paid for work. I'm nearing the end and struggling to find motivation as well.

Are you majoring in Philosophy?

I hear ya TS, I hated school. I had a 4.0 in high school and my 1 semester in college, but it just wasn't for me.

you work and go to school? maybe you have work relatated stress and it affects your concentration in college

I work as a server, the job can be stressful at times, but I don't think that's my problem.

You sound like me. I hated school and could not study. Took me seven years. I cheated a lot. If I didn't have $24,000 in loans I'd go back though.

Back