I cant see Max's career going on for too long unfortunately

Chitaouri

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
and i believe that the crazy amounts of tough weight cuts will be the reason his body will break down.
Now Dana basically sends him back to 145, which again means the crazy weight cuts. I love the guy, but i can not see him having a career as a fighter after 30, He is also too tough and relies a lot on his chin.
He took a lot of hard punches and i believe the guy is just 26 years young too.
No bashing here, i truly respect the guy and even once made a thread where i said he could be the GOAT in his next 3 fights.

Who knows. No two guys are the same. I thought the same thing about Diego in the mid 2000’a but here we are.....

But yes he is too tough for his own good. Fortunately most of the fights during the win streak weren’t that tough on his end, outside of the weight cut which i’m sure he will handle better with age like the vets do

Who beats him? Zabit?

I could see him getting to 31 with the belt at 145. I’d bet even money on it actually.

PS where you at Frankie?

I mean you also said Moicano was going to "destroy" Aldo so I'm not sure how legit your claims are, but he definitely needs to switch up his style a bit.

He seems to brawl too much and he relies on his chin to win striking exchanges. Up until last night, it worked out for him. At FW not many guys will have success against him

Last night fight showed that he's too small for 155. I wouldn't go as far to say his career will be short. He still obviously has the potential to do great things at 145..

Same, man... I'm worried.

Max is in a tough situation.

Seems like the best thing to do is properly bulk up for 155 and focus on defense and head movement

It'll be interesting to see where he goes from here. He cleaned out the best in FW but he doesn't seem to have the power to handle one of the top LWs. Maybe he need some time to get used to 155 and work his way to the top.

Max did say he doesn't feel like struggles too bad for 145
Even though he looks like death... But he's never missed weight I think

Who beats him? Zabit?

I could see him getting to 31 with the belt at 145. I’d bet even money on it actually.

PS where you at Frankie?
Like i said, he beats himself. His body will break down. This shit is devastating on the kidneys and he is been doing that forever even tho he is very young still.

max holloway has been fighting pro since he was 18 and he just got demolished for 5 brutal rounds plus the guy has given himself a stroke cutting to 155 already

he is the next rory macdonald, will be retired by the time he's 29

I honestly feel he just didn't properly transfer over to 155.

Look at the difference for McGregor size wise for 145 and 155.

I know max obviously doesn't have that body type, but I think he could be a lot more solid. He looked the same in there but softer... It's like he didn't change his diet much or add muscle, he just saw it as cutting less weight and went in there.

He took a beating, so he should have a lot of time off and build up some muscle and come back at 155

The story about the stroke bother me. Even after he denied they were true.

Back