I Can't See a Khabib Fight Going Well For Conor

Conor has the advantage simply because the fight starts on the feet. If Khabib cant finish him in the first round he will have to do it all over again in the 2nd. I see Conor catching Khabib coming in for an easy KO. I am team Khabib so I hope I am wrong.

Except Conor will be getting tired soon after the first round.

Unless Conor manages to hit Khabib on the dot before he gets taken down, I don't see this fight going very well for him.

Just look at what happened in the Mendez fight. Except Khabib is much bigger than Mini Mendes and is also more dominant with his wrestling.

Conor will have been away for 2 years, fighting a guy who cuts down from 190 and who nobody has been able to stop his takedowns.

Some people will say Khabib hasn't really fought a top guy yet. But is Conor's TDD really any better than RDA, Michael Johnson, Barboza or any of the other guys Khabib has faced?

Conor is arguably a better striker than these guys but if he doesn't land clean, Khabib will just take him to the ground and whisper in his ear while pounding on him.

This fight could turn into a humiliation for Conor. Fully gassed while trying to get back to his feet.

I just can't see it for Conor.

"just look at what happened with the mendez fight" Are you referring to the guy that couldn't make it out of the 2nd round? That guy?? who had 50% of his takedowns stuffed, while conor had a badly injured knee...

Unless Conor manages to hit Khabib on the dot before he gets taken down

Conor is an extremely accurate striker who has hit much, much better strikers than Khabib so that is a very strong possibility.

Just look at what happened in the Mendez fight

60jvrJ2.gif

vTJWf8o.gif

who nobody has been able to stop his takedowns.

Funny, cause Khabib has gone:

- 6/15 against Iaquinta
- 4/13 against Barboza
- 2/6 against Johnson
- 2/3 against Horcher
- 6/12 against RDA
- 5/11 against Healy
- 21/27 against Trujillo
- 0/13 against Tibau
- 3/9 against Shalorus

Seems like he either gets stuffed plenty or his opponents get back to their feet plenty.

This is tito vs. chuck all over again. Khabib is a GNP that has trouble finishing, Conor will survive and knock him out between takedowns.

Mendes was a tougher matchup IMO, as he presented more of a threat standing.

I see what your saying but I don't think Conor needs to land clean, he doesn't need to catch Khabib with a clean left hook, he just needs to land. Khabib won't be able to avoid the variety and unpredictability. Conor gets to work fast, Khabib needs that 1st round tkd fast, real fast.

Unless Conor manages to hit Khabib on the dot before he gets taken down, I don't see this fight going very well for him.

Just look at what happened in the Mendez fight. Except Khabib is much bigger than Mini Mendes and is also more dominant with his wrestling.

Conor will have been away for 2 years, fighting a guy who cuts down from 190 and who nobody has been able to stop his takedowns.

Some people will say Khabib hasn't really fought a top guy yet. But is Conor's TDD really any better than RDA, Michael Johnson, Barboza or any of the other guys Khabib has faced?

Conor is arguably a better striker than these guys but if he doesn't land clean, Khabib will just take him to the ground and whisper in his ear while pounding on him.

This fight could turn into a humiliation for Conor. Fully gassed while trying to get back to his feet.

I respectfully disagree. Conor is excellent at managing distances and knowing where he is in the ring at all times. He's great at circling the cage and returning to the center. Khabib relies heavily on the cage, and if Conor can keep the fight in the center, Khabib will have a harder time implementing his strategy. With that being said, I do believe Khabib walks away with the win. Conor doesn't seem to like being pressured which khabib is great at doing. One take down and khabib either GNPs Conor or forces Conor to use a ton of energy. I can def see Conor winning though. I can see something similar to the Woodley and Mia fight. While I agree that Khabib most likely takes it, I can also easily see how Mcgregor wins. Interesting fight. I'm legit excited.

People could not see the following fights going well for Conor

Mendes
Aldo
Eddie

Finish, Finish, Finish..

Conor destroyed Mendes. He took minimal damage on the bottom, escaped a sub attempt and mauled him on the feet. He put on a clinic of working the body and knocking his man out. Brilliant performance.

This is tito vs. chuck all over again. Khabib is a GNP that has trouble finishing, Conor will survive and knock him out between takedowns.

Mendes was a tougher matchup IMO, as he presented more of a threat standing.

Im sure you are a savant about MMA and thats why you only have 2647 like received in 12 years on here..........

Khabib isn't a finisher and is a weak striker

Telling me you can't see Conor knocking him out? Maybe you should think about it harder!

Conor has to defend some takedowns. Khabib is not in onna strike...so he will stay far and come in quick. Once you fight a guy with much better takedown who dont wanna strike. Its really harx to ko him unless you keep the fight standing for a while

hmmm, I seem to remember him going 5 round with nate...and winning....

You mean the fight he kept turning his back and walking away because he was so tired? Yeah I'm sure he will KO Khabib in that state lol.

You mean the fight he kept turning his back and walking away because he was so tired? Yeah I'm sure he will KO Khabib in that state lol.

I've seen guys do that in boxing all the time...it's called resetting...and count up the amount of time conor did that...it didn't amount for more than 20 seconds... that's 20 seconds out of 25 minutes...and don't forget the 3 knock downs conor had...

Im sure you are a savant about MMA and thats why you only have 2647 like received in 12 years on here..........

LMAO

1st, likes don't mean anything.
2nd, likes are possible on Sherdog since a couple of years at max, you Sherdog savant.

Way to put your foot in your mouth.

WTF does how many "likes" have to do with the quality of posts? People like stupid shit and are bored by facts.

The fact is great strikers with average takedown defense typically beat one-dimensional grapplers.

Conor is an extremely accurate striker who has hit much, much better strikers than Khabib so that is a very strong possibility.

60jvrJ2.gif

vTJWf8o.gif

Funny, cause Khabib has gone:

- 6/15 against Iaquinta
- 4/13 against Barboza
- 2/6 against Johnson
- 2/3 against Horcher
- 6/12 against RDA
- 5/11 against Healy
- 21/27 against Trujillo
- 0/13 against Tibau
- 3/9 against Shalorus

Seems like he either gets stuffed plenty or his opponents get back to their feet plenty.

The problem is, Conor doesn’t hit that hard. His power is wildly overrated because of his Aldo win. Once Khabib gets a hold of him, it’s going to get real ugly, real fast.

If al Laquita got up from under khabib maybe Connor can too. I could see Connor catching khabib in the later rounds. Khabib really only takes down people against the cage. Connor needs to not get bum rushed against the cage

Chad is a much better wrestler. Khabib is just big. Conor may have trouble, but if Khabib doesn't use that advantage to finish him quick, he's going to inevitably feels Conor's power and that's something he won't be able to handle considering he has dismal striking while Chad has some tools on the feet.

Longer the fights lasts... the more of a chance Mcgregor has to get the finish... But let them sign the contract first.

Back