I can't put my finger on what it is about Hendricks/Lawler fights...

Yes the second was good in the first round and the last 20 seconds of the 5th,otherwise it was sleep inducing.

I don't know what it is about those two facing each other that is just underwhelming. The first one was a much better fight than the second. The sum of the first two fights does not cry out for a trilogy in any way.

Lawler literally fucking teabagged Hendricks, and through no intention of his own.

Hendricks for some reason thought hankering down under Lawler's crotch and absorbing elbows would win him the fight?

Its appalling to me that Hendricks is getting an instant rematch after a performance like that. I don't even get why he's Zuffa's golden boy, Lawler is always exciting, Hendricks is a snoozer

I agree. Even with some of the big punches landed in the first fight there was a feeling at times that it was too methodical. Normally if guys are going to stand in the center and throw fists it is at a fast, almost full-speed all-out pace. These guys seemed to almost agree to just trade slowly hitting each other really hard in the face in between a strange amount of pacing. And Hendrix just flat-out practically ruined the second fight with his strategy and bad gas tank.

What is the alternative? Rory vs Lawler 2? Their first fight wasn't great. The title picture at WW sucks bad right now. Lombard needs to fight more often to make his claim, GSP needs to come back, and Condit/Brown need to win their next few fights. I'm hoping Gastelum's hype train doesn't get derailed, he has potential.

People have strange definitions of boring. You have two elite WW's fighting and people are complaining because on some level it's not Cyborg v. Manhoef.

Lawler literally fucking teabagged Hendricks, and through no intention of his own.

Hendricks for some reason thought hankering down under Lawler's crotch and absorbing elbows would win him the fight?

Its appalling to me that Hendricks is getting an instant rematch after a performance like that. I don't even get why he's Zuffa's golden boy, Lawler is always exciting, Hendricks is a snoozer

thats what won him the fight. I said it as soon as I saw it.

I'm still basking in the glow of Hendricks trash talking GSP's fighting style, then trying to implement it every fight since. Keep in mind that were he to dominate like GSP did, he'd have been champ until like 2020 or something. Oops.

I wager that Hendricks is irrelevant to title picture in the coming few years. I bet he falls off Gray Maynard-Style.

Hendricks coasts in the 5th in both.

Robbie takes of large portions of the fight and JH can't capitalize other than to win the rounds. Robbie turns it on and looks great for as long as he seems to be trying. It is a weird match up.

Even the first fight was starting to get boring after a while.

Round 5 when hendricks just laid on him was the worst. Can't believe they might do a 3rd... No one wants to see it ffs.

Maybe getting the belt will motivate him to keep it

I was gonna joke and say "hopefully he doesn't go about trying to keep it the way Georges and Johnny did", but come on... This is Robbie fuckin Lawler we're talkin aboot. Don't see him becoming a wall-n-stall/LNP black belt.

That are entertaining, and boring at the same time.

Anyone else know what I mean?
Yeah, I think Hendricks is a more boring fighter stylistically than Lawler, but when they fight they can't seem to put the other one away and you know its going to be a stand up war.

They put on good fights together, but with that being said Rory needs the next shot for the belt.

Round 5 when hendricks just laid on him was the worst. Can't believe they might do a 3rd... No one wants to see it ffs.

That didn't happen. JH landed over 30 standing strikes in the 5th of the first fight and didn't get a takedown until late in the round.

Back