I can't put my finger on what it is about Hendricks/Lawler fights...

TdotK

Purple Belt
Reaction score
That are entertaining, and boring at the same time.

Anyone else know what I mean?

First one was entertaining. The second one was boring. Nobody wants to see a third.

The fact that it's going to happen again really adds to the boredom.

They're entertaining because they involve Robbie Lawler.

They're boring because they involve Johnny Hendricks.

Yes.

I think it's because on paper...it should be a fun fight. Then you remember that Hendricks, if not for the highlights he's racked, would be askren lite.

Hendricks did his best to stall in the second fight. By leaning by the balls.
I don't think you can really put the blame on Lawler.

I don't think anyone wants to see a rematch ... and yet, it is happening ... ugh ...

I love you Robbie but in both fights at times he would "relax" too much and "coast" in a way . didn't really see that killer instinct really until the beginning of rd 1 and the end of rds 4,5 of the second fight . I hate to use this term and hate everyone who uses it but the end of 5 in the second fight was "alpha" as fuck .

Hendricks hesitates because of Robbies power.
Lawler hesitates because of the TD.

Fight = hesitation central

no fuck that. Hendricks isnt getting a 3peat without a fucking bout before then. I won't allow it. JDS didn't get instant rematch at HW, and HW is shallower, why would Hendricks get it now? No one wants to see this fight. Jesus DFW.

I think I am grasping what TS means.

You are excited watching the fight because it is a big fight for a chamionship. You stay on the edge of your seat because you are waiting for something big to happen. You know both fighters have KO power and it can happen at any moment.

It was boring because nothing really ever did happen except maybe the last minute of the fight.

If two fighters you have never heard of went in there and had the exact same fight, you would call it boring. There are lots of big fights like this. IMO, the way to tell if it's a good fight is you want to watch it a 2nd time and actually enjoy it when you do.

It just seems like we know how they match up and, when you watch the two of them fight, it doesn't seem like anything unexpected is about to happen. They are both going to continuously do the same things and neither is going to get finished. There is action but it is predictable action.

Back