Crime "I cant breathe": Police choke Man to death on video

Did the officer act wrongly in this situation?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel even worse for the Asian cop now. Imagine being partnered with officer Mcpowertrip who's killed 3 people previously and had at least a dozen complaints for being a psycho. Asian Joe Rogan looked like he didn't want to be there and didn't even want to look back at the guy. If he had pulled his partner off, he'd be in trouble and not the psycho because he undermined his partner when they could still claim tbe guy wasn't in any danger.

It's a real picture, but it's fake news in that it's not related to this or even recent at all.
Yeah, if he was in training the poor guy was just with the wrong partner at the wrong time, he did seem unsure of what to do and settled on just securing a perimeter.

<Neil01>

You wouldn't have done shit. It's nice to pretend you would have on the karate forum afterwards, now that you know the guy died, but the guy was half his age, half his size and not a superior officer and was not in a position to pull off 2 other officers who were on the guy. You're coming off like Marky Mark here pretending you would have beat up the 9/11 hijackers.
<Lmaoo>
Would have just given a like but this will have to do... {<shrug}

That Asian officer is built like an amiibo. He hands are smaller than his wrists <45>

My general prediction is that the guy was probably on meth, will probably have died of a heart attack, and on the flip side the knee to the neck helped cause it with the undue stress on the heart in the presence of an amphetamine. I only guess this because four dudes holding down one makes a lot more sense if he showed a propensity for fighting back and having wrestled plenty of meth heads it's ****ing scary.

The technique still shouldn't be used, don't get me wrong, but I'm guessing there's more than one cause here.

People were begging the cops to let go but he crushed his windpipe for 9 minutes

Honestly it looks more like a blood choke than anything. Idk for sure, but that's how it looked. And cop is def in the wrong. And the other cops who succumbed to the by stander effect and refused to help the poor man are in the wrong. Literally the most senseless act i've ever seen any law enforcement officer commit. It's murder man.

Did the cop intentionally kill him? I don't think murder was the intent given the number of witnesses and number of people recording. But I do think the officer intended to inflict pain and punishment on the guy. It was both a stubborn selfish act by the cop, and an obvious lack of training both practically speaking and morally.

A) the suspect didn't even need to be in that position b) why keep that position when he was not resisting b) why keep pressure on him for 3 min after he's out? Death sentence.

Color has nothing to do with it.

The cop was wrong to do that and it’s straight murder.

But that doesn’t mean race played a part here.
I agree with you. Totally disgusted by the cop(s). While I can't rule out racism, I can't suggest that without additional information. Given the video, we know it was a bad cop. Will wait for more info to become available if it exists, that may shed light on racist motives or not.

I don't agree with how you're framing this, it's quite a stretch to say they were mocking him, and he never complained that he had trouble breathing. This looks like a case of people not being aware how a body reacts to lack of oxygen. Is he snoring because he desperately needs oxygen, is he limp, how's his color, is his movement involuntary, can you wake him up? The cop should known to get off once he stopped resisting, and I'm not sure it's normal procedure to inject a subdued person with sedatives so there is blame here, but this does not equal knee on neck while the victim and public plead for mercy.

The fact that the cops were mocking him "Hey Tony we got you some new shoes for school" and making fun of him kind of makes it worse.

<Neil01>

You wouldn't have done shit. It's nice to pretend you would have on the karate forum afterwards, now that you know the guy died, but the guy was half his age, half his size and not a superior officer and was not in a position to pull off 2 other officers who were on the guy. You're coming off like Marky Mark here pretending you would have beat up the 9/11 hijackers.

He has a gun.

The fact that the cops were mocking him "Hey Tony we got you some new shoes for school" and making fun of him kind of makes it worse.
I didn't hear that part but still, they were conversing normally, and didn't seem to hold any animosity toward him. You can make it a MSM conspiracy theory but the Minneapolis arrest would have hit the headlines no matter what race anyone was. The victim himself as well as numerous bystanders are heard pleading for mercy. The cop maintains an almost indignant posture and reaches for his mace at one point while another cop stands by basically twiddling his thumbs.

Last edited:
By all means, show a video with a white having the same thing done to them in the U.S. Post the follow up as well.

You defending the murderer, you would take up arms with him?
No one is saying a crime wasn’t committed but in what way was racism a factor?

I agree with you. Totally disgusted by the cop(s). While I can't rule out racism, I can't suggest that without additional information. Given the video, we know it was a bad cop. Will wait for more info to become available if it exists, that may shed light on racist motives or not.
Wanted to give you a like but the gestapo took away our rights.

I agree with you also, if there is no proof of racism then it’s just a bad cop and he deserves to be punished to the full extent of the law, because what happens in the very least is manslaughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back