Crime "I cant breathe": Police choke Man to death on video

Did the officer act wrongly in this situation?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
People were begging the cops to let go but he crushed his windpipe for 9 minutes

Officer had his knee on the man's throat for several minutes.

I don't usually trash police officers but this one is too much. One officer said something about not doing drugs. I understand that they would have had to restrain him but at some point the officer should have noticed the man was not moving any more.

Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey

A black man has died in Minneapolis police custody after video shared online from a bystander showed a white officer kneeling on his neck during his arrest as he pleaded that he couldn't breathe.

His death, which occurred Monday night after a struggle with police officers, was under investigation by the FBI and state agents. Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo, speaking to reporters Tuesday morning, was asked about the use of the knee on the man's neck during the arrest.

“We clearly have policies in place regarding placing someone under control,” Arradondo said, stating that taking a look at what happened and how those policies apply “will be part of the full investigation we’ll do internally.”

Officers were called about 8 p.m. Monday to investigate a report of a forgery at a business, according to police spokesman John Elder. Police found the man, believed to be in his 40s, matching the suspect's description in his car.

“He was ordered to step from his car. After he got out, he physically resisted officers,” Elder said in a statement. “Officers were able to get the suspect into handcuffs and noted he appeared to be suffering medical distress.”

The man, who was not identified, was taken by ambulance to Hennepin County Medical Center where he died a short time later, police said. The name of the officer seen kneeling on his neck wasn't immediately released.

The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension has joined the FBI in its investigation. All body camera footage has been turned over to the BCA, which investigates most police shootings and in-custody deaths. The officers involved have been put on paid administrative leave, per department protocol.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...e-custody-said-he-couldnt-breathe/5258021002/

Last edited:
Cops should really only arrest people who want to. I'm sure he will have died form this and not some kind of drugs or prior health condition. Better make sure we jump on this early with no information then call anyone who says let's wait this time a boot licker

Looks like the bloke on the deck could have been a gangster , I'm sure it will come out......

That little goblin thing standing guard was hilarious. It looks like someone dressed an oompa loompa up as a cop.

The full length video has the complainant come out from the store and tell everyone that the guy was raving on crack and is probably od'd. That's why the cops were making the "don't do drugs" references. We will have to wait for the cause of the death. This guy may have just died from overdose.

Cops should really only arrest people who want to. I'm sure he will have died form this and not some kind of drugs or prior health condition. Better make sure we jump on this early with no information then call anyone who says let's wait this time a boot licker
Watch the video retard. The cop choked him out.

Well the mayor trashed his own police dept. Are you calling the mayor a boot licker? Shirley he has more info.

Thinking you can say I can’t breath while being choked.

On a Goddamn MMA forum.

Shame.

You can tell how badly Biden's "You ain't black" gaffe has scared the Democrats by how much they flood the forum and news wire with "A bad thing happened to a black guy today" articles. It is going to be an interesting summer for that if Biden's black voter base numbers start to deteriorate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back