I can't believe that happened

I thought Wineland was going to win this fight.. But it was a nice win for Eduardo.

Wineland always keep his hands down, this time he did it against someone faster that is all.

He blocked those nicely with his chin, as his arms clearly weren't up to the task.

right before the fight started i though "imagine how good would it be for 135lb division for jonhy to win, another contender right there" and he got that huge ko, incredible, seems like faber got an opponent to ufc 175. i would make jonhy vs rafael though

He teaches muay thai to Jose Aldo & Renan Barao? Let me stand with this guy.

Says Eddie Wineland
EddieWineland_Headshot.png

Eduardo really has a pretty good record over the last years. He has a lot of losses from 10+ years ago. Well, that should shake up the rankings for sure.

Yeah, a fight against Assuncao would be great for him.

Eduardo is Jose Aldo muay thai trainer, he ain't no slouch

Mods merging this thread saved me having to figure out how to edit my thread title. :D I guess I hit on one of the bad words here when I said Wineland's posture always makes me think of real human co*kfighting. He looks just like a bantam rooster with that chest out and chin up.

Eddie finally paid the price for that hands down style. It works great when you are the faster, longer fighter.

Agreed, his length is a disadvantage to him because he doesn't know how to use it properly and he relays on it for defense His movement isn't that great. Its amazing how many guys in the top level like the UFC leave the chins up in the air when their engaging or trying to close distance. my favorite is when they throw a simple one two with a big gaping hole between their hands just asking to eat a straight punch down the pike or an overhand.

THat was incredible, soon as i heard he was a head coach, at novia i thought to myself hes a darkhourse, that ko was sick, but both guys looked good, so i cant take anything away from wineland, hes always game and his stand up is fantastic

Wow. Huge fan of Eddie here but no doubt Eduardo had an amazing performance. Like another poster said great to see another contender at bw.

I never wish harm to any fighter. But Winelands hands down stance always irked me. I have called it on here multiple times that it would bite him in the ass.

I still didn't think Eduardo would be the one to make him pay though.

This, his hands are ALWAYS down.

Also, doesn't matter who it is, fight with your hands down, and you will pay.

Chris Weidman says hello.

Eduardo really has a pretty good record over the last years. He has a lot of losses from 10+ years ago. Well, that should shake up the rankings for sure.

Yeah, a fight against Assuncao would be great for him.

He already fought Assuncao

Eduardo is the MT coach for Aldo/Barao. Wineland fought dumb. The outcome makes sense.

Back