I can see now! ( second eye surgery successful )

sweetviolenturg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Damn, I was never really aware of how badly my trauma-induced cataracts had been hampering my vision until the completion of my second surgery this past Monday. They put an artificial lens in the left one & by Tuesday morning when the bandages came off I could see better than I've been able to since I was in my 20s. No more glasses needed aside from when I'm reading or using my laptop. It's amazing.

I can see things at a distance now that I could never see even while wearing glasses. And colors are so vivid now, I honestly feel like I'm seeing Arizona for the first time now & I've been living here for a year.

Also, the new 70" 4K UHD television that I bought early this Spring? I was never completely enamored with it like I thought I should be because I couldn't see it properly. My cataracts made it impossible to truly appreciate it because it was like looking through a film or a piece of gauze. Now? The picture is bloody outstanding! I can't believe how much I was missing before.

Also, again, the procedure was a piece of cake. No pain, some very mild discomfort & now my eyes are like new again. So, if anyone ever has to have this done down the line, no worries, man. It's one of the best things I've ever had done.

Congrats! Glad you don't end up like Michael Bisping

talksport-bisping.jpg

Man this made me remember a rap song lyric Back in the day .
“This Aroma helps my Glaucoma “
“ smoking reefah for my cataracts”

Glad you can see properly

Good to here dude, the world just got even better for you

Damn, I was never really aware of how badly my trauma-induced cataracts had been hampering my vision until the completion of my second surgery this past Monday. They put an artificial lens in the left one & by Tuesday morning when the bandages came off I could see better than I've been able to since I was in my 20s. No more glasses needed aside from when I'm reading or using my laptop. It's amazing.

I can see things at a distance now that I could never see even while wearing glasses. And colors are so vivid now, I honestly feel like I'm seeing Arizona for the first time now & I've been living here for a year.

Also, the new 70" 4K UHD television that I bought early this Spring? I was never completely enamored with it like I thought I should be because I couldn't see it properly. My cataracts made it impossible to truly appreciate it because it was like looking through a film or a piece of gauze. Now? The picture is bloody outstanding! I can't believe how much I was missing before.

Also, again, the procedure was a piece of cake. No pain, some very mild discomfort & now my eyes are like new again. So, if anyone ever has to have this done down the line, no worries, man. It's one of the best things I've ever had done.

Was this a boxing injury or something unrelated?

Good to hear, Urg. Stay safe, stay healthy!
Stop hitting people with your eyeballs. Enough is enough.

So how much uglier are you than you thought? Joking aside congrats. Thats a huge quality of life improvement.

Was this a boxing injury or something unrelated?

Oh, my doctor told me that it was definitely boxing related. I'm not sure how he could tell the difference between trauma-induced cataracts & normal run of the mill age-related cataracts but he could. And he told me that my lenses looked like those of someone 25 years my senior they were so battered & opaque.

But, now it's all good. The artificial lenses have given me bionic vision. LOL. Seriously this is the first time that I've been glasses & contacts free since I was 26.

Back