I can’t get rid of my hiccups

SteveColdStone

School of Self Awareness
@Silver
Reaction score
I’ve had them for around 10 hours now. They did go away for a short period but now they’re back. I keep drinking water but it doesn’t help. I’m thinking it might be an acid reflux issue as I’m experiencing burning inside my chest. I wanted to go to sleep but I can’t even attempt to sleep because I keep hiccuping. What do?

Hold your nose and drink a glass of water.

Or a belt around the neck while you jerk off.

Hold the deepest possible breath you can take as long as possible. Slowly let out through the mouth. And quit taking so many opiates. That helps too

BisexualMMA gave you a good remedy. Another is to completely exhale, then before breathing in, force yourself to swallow three times.

However, 10 hours seems like some sort of medical problem. LIke... 8 hours ago, I'd consult strangers on the internet; 5 hours ago, I'd be seeing a doctor.

Thanks for the tips guys. I was watching tv and they’ve subsided for now. I haven’t had any water for a while though — I think I’m having issues when I swallow. I’m not too worried about it at the moment. Hopefully I can sleep them off. If I still have the issue tomorrow I’ll be a bit more worried though.

Thanks for the tips guys. I was watching tv and they’ve subsided for now. I haven’t had any water for a while though — I think I’m having issues when I swallow. I’m not too worried about it at the moment. Hopefully I can sleep them off. If I still have the issue tomorrow I’ll be a bit more worried though.

Notice any other symptoms? Like numbness anywhere, or blurry vision? Headache? Persistent hiccups with trouble swallowing and chest pain can be indicative of a stroke.

Notice any other symptoms? Like numbness anywhere, or blurry vision? Headache? Persistent hiccups with trouble swallowing and chest pain can be indicative of a stroke.
I feel fine with everything else. I was a bit sick when I woke up because it was so cold in my room and I’ve been sleep deprived. I had a blocked nose and a cough but it went away after a couple of hours. I was having some issues right before last night with the burning sensation but it wasn’t that bad and I didn’t have hiccups. I think I’m probably just having an annoying day but I appreciate your concern.

2 things we do at my house.

First is a spoonful of peanut butter

Second is take a spoon and put a bit of white sugar in a mound in the middle. Take a slice of lemon and squeeze enough juice to cover the sugar and fill the spoon. Now down to hatch.

Good luck

2 things we do at my house.

First is a spoonful of peanut butter

Second is take a spoon and put a bit of white sugar in a mound in the middle. Take a slice of lemon and squeeze enough juice to cover the sugar and fill the spoon. Now down to hatch.

Good luck
I'm out of peanut butter. I'll come over and borrow yours.

Back