I bet against Michael Chandler for the following reasons:

I am sure you cant name one bellator guy who did good in UFC because you're casual. You just peaked at Chandlers record and you decided to open this thread. Watch some of his fight and you will see definitely he is UFC caliber fighter
Damn son.
Guy just walked in here and ya slugged him right in the cock in the first post.

Im picking Hooker cos i like him better than anyone else competing on the card. War Hooker.

Chandler is a great fighter but so is Hooker. Hooker tho had a war recently and can be pretty inconsistent. Im rooting for Dan but don’t see him winning easy.

1. He is almost 35 in 3 months,
2. He was finished by Patricio Freire and Brent Primus pretty recently; the former in one year round
3. He is making his ufc debut, ufc jitters.
4. I can’t name one Bellator guy who did well in the UFC.
5. He beat Ben Henderson who is all done now in my opinion.

When I write it out that way it makes me feel like I should have bet more

1. He is still in his prime at 34
2. He wasn't finished by Primus. He actually continued on the bad ankle until the doctor made him stop fighting.
3. He doesn't look shook, even one iota. He's been fighting in high pressure fights for 8 years.
4. Eddie Alvarez won the title, Alexander Volkov is a top 5 HW, Masvidal fought in the very first Bellator (and 2 more) then came to the UFC 4 years later. Just because you never heard of it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.
5. You're using a flush KO win over a former UFC champ (who had only been KO'd once, by prime RDA) as a reason why he WON'T WIN? How dumb are you?

When you write it out that way, how in the fuck did you think that was a good bet, based on what you wrote?

Damn son.
Guy just walked in here and ya slugged him right in the cock in the first post.
To me that is sherdogs most redeeming quality. Every time i come across a shit thread look forward in anticipation to read the instant smackdown that the first post inevitably delivers, usually within the first minute

To me that is sherdogs most redeeming quality. Every time i come across a shit thread look forward in anticipation to read the instant smackdown that the first post inevitably delivers, usually within the first minute
Its an art form

I could all too easily see Michael getting his face knee'd clean off when he dips his head...

I'm not saying that I despise Michael Chandler. However, I can definitely imagine a scenario similar to the one that you wrote about.

At UFC 257, Dan Hooker will try to be similar to Henry Cejudo during Henry Cejudo vs. Dominick Cruz. Obviously, Cejudo vs. Cruz was the MMA fight where Cejudo decapitated Cruz when Cruz dipped down.

Cruz always says that that was an "early stoppage."

2. He was finished by Patricio Freire and Brent Primus pretty recently; the former in one year round

I don't like Chandler but the reason I'm picking him is

1. Best wrestler hooker has ever fought credentials wise.
  2. Three rounds. Five rounds would favor hooker because Chandler would gas and hooker could knock Chandler out but with just three rounds, Chandler just has to wrestle for 2.5 rounds and just try not to get knocked out and he can win a boring decision.
  3. Grappler vs striker I tend to go grappler.
Told you OP. I didn't see knock out though. I thought 2-1 decision

I would've bet against him too.

Also for the fact that Dane white prefers for Bellator guys to lose .. so he puts them against the hardest guys ..

I'm pretty much done with Gambling because of this ... could've bought a house with the money lost , there have been too many dives and questionable judges decisions .. UFC has become corrupted .. Fighters are low paid and need money so they throw the fight .. so many reasons ..

And even when the fight is legit which is most of the time you never know who will win for sure.

I lost $250 dollars.
Sorry that happened to you. But wrestlers dicate the pace of fights. That's why grappler vs striker, it favors grapplers mostly wrestlers. The threat of the takedown is a major equalizer.

we were wrong

Primus didn't finish him, it was a doctor stoppage because Chandler couldn't walk on his leg, don't act like he got TKOd
congrats on chandler winning . I knew you were rooting for him.

We picked right even though I was rooting against him.

Back